blorg's blog blorg post about blorg on a blog blorging a blorg blog postRead more >
Like any normal player, I just use chat to rain hecc upon initium's userbase. However, I would like to take a minute to talk about how randomness affects difficulty, difficulty affects randomness, and the methods to achieve an equilibrium.
Let's just start off with the main ways the game uses randomness:
- Player max stats (str, dex, and int)
- Enemy stats (str, dex, and int as well as their items)
- What both sides of a battle roll for each turn
- Finding a non-instance boss (main exception being elf)
- Every stat on an item
- Armor/weapon/shield blocking a hit or not
- Which armor piece is hit from an attack
- Finding an epic
- And about 100 other things I'm forgetting.
I will go into more detail later. I need to go to sleep.Read more >