Change logs can also be found in-game. Just type /changelog in chat to see the latest updates!
Wednesday December 12, 2018
- Guardian of Xolotl now drops 2 pieces of adventurers gear instead of 1. GoX has gotten an intelligence buff to compensate a little. Should be more consistently rewarding overall
Thursday November 29, 2018
- Wind Elemental's Piercing Wind has recieved a small damage resist nerf
- Ragnar the Cruel has recieved a natural weapon, providing an offensive and defensive buff.
Tuesday November 27, 2018
- In'Darill Bow will only ever spawn a single bow, with a droppable version as a rarer (bonus) drop.
Wednesday November 14, 2018
- Going down in houses and inns will immediately bring you back to 1hp now after a die chance is rolled. Your equipment still gets unequipped and inventory dropped.
Saturday November 03, 2018
- Armies will now self-clean (delete dead mobs).
- Army respawn/propagation no longer considers in-combat mobs as part of the army.
- All inventory UI's now sort server side.
- Inventory sorting now works on chest labels as well (unlabeled go before labelled).
- Personal/group houses now display/sort the same as personal inventory (does not work for houses owned by other accounts).
Thursday November 01, 2018
- [EVENT] There are clues strewn about the world regarding the Hunter and the daggers. If you are curious, search them out.
- Note: You must find the notes "in order" now. Reading the notes in the location will discover the path to the next location.
Tuesday October 30, 2018
- Wandering Hunter spawn rates have been adjusted down (again). 200 daggers in a single day might have been a bit much...
Monday October 29, 2018
- [EVENT] Halloween event has begun! Find the Ceremonial Dagger in the wild, which will allow you to harvest certain enemies for monster parts. Stay tuned for updates to the event!
- Art repository is being cleaned up, meaning many icons are being deleted. If you have an old item that no longer has art, and the image is hosted under the initium-resources.appspot.com domain, please let a content dev know and we'll re-add the file.
Wednesday October 17, 2018
- Fixed the immovables listed on the banner to use the 2D images when available.
Sunday October 14, 2018
- Also note that in order to build the new Dug Firepit, you have to prototype a new skill with it. This also means that your old firepit skills will continue building old-style firepits.
- The Dug Firepit skill now has a new graphic that is high rez. You can only really appreciate it on the experimental 2D view. Furthermore, you can build the firepit on a specific square in the 2D view by selecting the square before starting the build process. This is how any structure will be built.
- In the experimental view, if you minimize the chat the extra space will now be given to the banner instead allowing you to play essentially full screen.
Thursday October 11, 2018
- Aseridith Marksman finally got his invitation to the Volantis Arena!
Tuesday October 09, 2018
- Fixed a bug that allowed infinite skill executions without consuming materials.
- Ambushes finally save game messages.
- Transmutation works with HCM (player and equippable items must be HCM).
- Travelling to hidden paths will now unhide the discovery when ambushed.
Wednesday September 26, 2018
- Adventurer's gear has received a BC curve buff as well as a small DP buff to the Coif - OHY
Friday September 21, 2018
- Cold Soul, Rancorous Afrit, Tectonic Horror, and Dimensional Parasite spawn rates have been adjusted.
Thursday September 20, 2018
- Shattered Blade's str requirement increased
Wednesday September 19, 2018
- You can now share renamed chests in global again... probably.
- When picking materials/tools for inventions, the system will now allow you to pick from anything in the location - not just the things in the chosen cell to build on. It is now back the way it used to be.
- Fires on the 2D view now cast light in the darkness (night time).
Monday September 17, 2018
- The experimental UI now shows all the weather effects.
- Experimental UI now sports a "Local Places" button that makes it easier to find things within the major location you're in (like player houses, caves..etc).
Tuesday September 11, 2018
- Equipping 1H slot items will now replace the first slot of matching type (weapon or shield).
- When you equip a right hand/left hand weapon, it will now fill in the right hand slot first.
- Added in-line stat comparisons to items you click on to make it easier to see if an item is better than the item you have currently equipped. It will compare right hand before left hand. If both of your left and right hand weapons would work as a comparison, only the right-hand weapon will be used. (Right hand is now considered main-hand).
Saturday September 08, 2018
- Fixed an issue with the new landscape mode which made it so mobile users couldn't chat in portrait mode. Now to go into the new landscape mode, you have to NOT have the chat box highlighted. If it is highlighted, it will ignore the mode change when you rotate your phone.
- The 2D view is now more usable with invention. Dropping and picking up things now work for the most part.
- Lots of UI tweaks for Experimental UI. The "major buttons" on the banner are now in their own little widget. When you rotate your phone in experimental view, it now removes the chat which frees up a lot of space - try it!
- [HCM] New hardcore mode items will only drop from roaming mobs discovered by HCM players. Instance mobs are not affected.
Tuesday September 04, 2018
- Epic buffs have been reverted. A total of 71 epics were found this weekend. Congrats to all!
Friday August 31, 2018
- Drake is now 2 years old. He's decided to have mercy on you all. Epic buff weekend, FTW.
Wednesday August 22, 2018
- A large number of broken banners have been fixed (Thanks Vyper!) . If you notice any which are still broken please let a dev know.
- Reworked the store management page UI a bit to look cleaner.
- Moved the guard settings button onto the button bar. Removed the "toggle storefront" from the button bar (you now toggle the store on/off from the store management page).
Tuesday August 21, 2018
- Fixed a bug that caused stew to not be edible when created.
- Chromic Scale drops have been adjusted down. Also, Sigurd Dragon's Bane has been given... a bit more bite. Don't be scared. - Muted
Monday August 20, 2018
- The Grizzled Veteran has returned to Aera. He drunkenly recalled finding a path along Atlas Trail, somewhere between the Darkenwood and the end of the trail that leads to a mountain peak. He warned of peril at the top.... (brought to you by ol' Evan!) - Muted
- All the item fonts have changed and been unified to be the same between browsers. Note that this could mean the hardcore mode items will need to have their style tweaked to not be offensive.
- Increased the number of characters you can see in the character switcher to 40 (before they stop showing avatars/equipment).
- Experimental UI now shows monster activity level.
- Experimental UI combat keyboard shortcuts now work.
Sunday August 19, 2018
- Peppers no longer weigh 1kg each. This will not apply retroactively. This will require separate stacks for new drops unless the weight is adjusted. If you would like the weight of existing stacks adjusted please contact a dev.
- Fixed logout and the google signin button.
Thursday August 16, 2018
- Fixed a bug in the Local Navigation window that caused player house links to link to the wrong location.
- Minimap was added to Experimental UI.
- [Experimental UI] Fixed issue with sublocations not showing up in the Local Navigation page.
- You can now navigate directly to major locations via the global map even if you're in a sub-location. For example, if you're in Aera Inn, you can go directly to Aera Countryside. This is because Aera is the major location and you're still basically "in" Aera even if you're in the Inn. This is only allowed if you're not more than 3 levels deep. You can only access this feature via the global navigation button
- Added a hardcore mode leaderboard. You can get to this page by typing /hardcore or /leaderboard in chat.
Wednesday August 15, 2018
- You can now make large 2D objects (like trees) optionally appear to be cut off so you can see what is on the ground.
- Spriggan's Staff no longer rolls 1x or 4x crit. Average staff will still hit as hard as before, just prevents excessive 4x crits that put them well over 100 max damage - OHY
Tuesday August 14, 2018
- Enchanted Forest has (also) been changed. Droprates will (also) be increased for the next day.
- Old Candy has been made stackable. I hope they never drop again...
- Strange Elixir and Mysterious Berry are now stackable (existing drops have been updated).
- Significant bug fixes with multitab functionality (item popups, stores).
- Hardcore Mode changes implemented. Still pending major release before functionality will be ready for use.
- Buffs now calculate against base stats instead of a cumulative product.
- Buff items have been modified to work off of definitions instead of hard-coded values, and a few have had their buff values adjusted.
- Location chat now updates properly with encounters/running.
- Carving knife strength requirement has been upped
Monday August 13, 2018
- All Rakken Honey items have been updated to be stackable (including existing drops).
Sunday August 12, 2018
- Bugfix: Corrected an issue with the strength requirement rolls on Lizard Fists
- Sleek Ring: Now blue
- Knights Quarters has been changed. Droprates will be increased for the next day.
Saturday August 11, 2018
- Lunar Keys no longer weigh 5 pounds
- All Elementals now have a possible gem drop
- Sleek Ring was buffed: Now rolls somewhat better and drops more often.
- Orb of the Earth, Orb of the Sea, Orb of the Flames and Orb of the Wind are now stackable
Friday August 10, 2018
- Western Ranger Cuirass now weighs less.
- Pincer shields no longer weight 15 pounds
Thursday August 09, 2018
- Raptor Eye rings have been changed to reduce the chance of stabbing yourself in the eye along with other minor improvements
Wednesday August 08, 2018
- QoL Improvement. You no longer get 300 assorted fangs when running Raptor Instance
- Shadow Master drops and respawn have gotten a long overdue re-work. According to Bagels he is now "edgier, faster, and more often!" :) - OHY
- Raptor Eye Ring now drops better and shinier
- [EVENT] Gaelen has moved on from the Aera Inn. Keep an eye out for Gaelen in the future, as he might show up in unexpected locations.
Monday August 06, 2018
- Sahuagin Captains are now harder to kill
Sunday August 05, 2018
- Until further notice, please do not create hardcore mode players. Functionality was prematurely released. Any alts created with the ! suffix will be deleted immediately, no questions asked, and any gold/gear on those alts will be gone forever.
- [Guarding] Guards trying to run should not be able to be reengaged and should specifically stop guarding permanently from a location.
- [Guarding] Hitpoints should now update properly for guards and attackers.
- [Guarding] The combat messages should now be contextless and more readable.
Saturday August 04, 2018
- Guarding has had some major work done (not yet deployed).
- When you begin guarding, your current hitpoints are stored and when combat is over (if you survived) you will only heal up to the amount of HP that you started with.
- You can now specify when your guard should run based on hitpoints. Setting the run-hitpoints to 30 will cause your guard to attempt to run after every attack as soon as his hitpoints drop to 30 or less.
- Any time a player is attacked by another player, they will now get combat logs.
- The popups that tell you that you can't do a thing while vending now include a handy Shutdown store link. -NinjaKrill
Friday August 03, 2018
- Gems now have intermediate recipes, allowing you to transmute 9 chipped, flawed, or regular to skip a quality.
Thursday August 02, 2018
- Hailstorm has been buffed. It now does more damage.
- Molten Blade got a slight defensive and offensive buff.
- The former PCA areas no longer throw errors and actually spawn monsters correctly. Thanks to InitiuMain for pointing out something I had overlooked which was causing the issue. If any former PCA areas still don't work please report them to a Dev as it's possible that it was missed.
Wednesday August 01, 2018
- Magistrates now have a chance to drop diamonds
- Flawed Gems now have a chance of spawning on certain enemies.
- Topaz now drops from Elder Sorcerers
Monday July 30, 2018
- Fixed Several items which should probably stack not being stack-able. These items are. Dark Orb, Earth crystal, Fire Crystal, Water Crystal, Wind Crystal. If you notice any other items which should stack but don't please let Bagels know.
- Gaelen has finally appeared at the Aera Inn to take your gems!
- Aseridith Executioner Instance has had paths rearranged so that pressing 1 will always take you deeper into the instance.
- Shadow Master Instance Paths have been re-arranged so the first path always moves you deeper into the instance except at the crossroads (where it takes you towards the rest site instead). If things are not appearing correctly please let Bagels know
- Centaurs now properly grant Bonus XP for combat.
Saturday July 28, 2018
- We have removed PCA's from the game and turned them into regular locations as the guard system now exists and they are the cause of some persistent issues. Please let us know if we missed any areas or if there are any strange issues in those areas.
Tuesday July 24, 2018
- Additional changes have been made to the Gelatinous cube. The mob has been adjusted so that you cannot farm the same cube until the end of time. The stat gains have also been adjusted back up to their normal levels as a result of this change. We will be watching the mob closely and making further changes if we feel the need.
- The Rebel Encampment instance has been removed
- Gelatinous Cubes now have lowered experience multiplier.
- Content devs now have the ability to create "complex objects" which means they can create items that contain other items, or items that contain other entities. In the future, this means being able to create items that have buffs embedded in them, or modifiers..etc.
- Final Favor Drop Rate has been reduced to it's normal levels
Saturday February 24, 2018
- [EVENT] Peasants are storming Volantis!
- Fixed bug with new loot popup where item popups were hidden behind it in the old UI.
Friday February 23, 2018
- [EVENT] There are rumors of a revolt being planned among the peasants of Volantis. Event will begin tomorrow around 17:00 GMT.
- Now when you enter a combat site, you will be greeted with a loot window for easy gold collection and item pickup. This change was inspired by the Experimental UI and feedback is welcome.
Thursday February 22, 2018
- Renamed the old "Exit" button that would show up on combat sites to "Leave and forget".
- For locations with only a single exit, you now see that exit as a link on your banner.
- Fixed a bug in the experimental UI on mobile causing the whole screen to go a little cra-cra.
- Updated the Experimental UI a bit to make it more usable (especially on desktop). You'll find the popup windows now stay on the right half of the screen and don't require scrolling down past the chat. The game window scrunches 50% to fit it in, maximizing realestate efficiency imo. Mobile is unchanged (in theory). Also, popup messages no longer just blur the screen and screw you up permanently. It is very likely that the combat experience in this UI mode is not yet usable but I haven't tested it yet.
- Sale items now maintain sold price (and unit price for quantity items). In game map has been updated.
Tuesday February 20, 2018
- Item modifiers are now able to affect strength, dexterity, and intelligence. Possibly also walking speed..
Monday February 19, 2018
- Added modifiers to items. They currently don't actually affect stats yet but they will very soon as it's quite simple to include into the code.
Thursday February 15, 2018
- Next set of bosses have been buffed, previous set will persist while some backend issues get fixed up.
- Timeworn Treads now shows and updates charges remaining in ownerOnlyHtml.
Wednesday February 14, 2018
- Fixed new mute button not showing the correct state after refresh.
- Gol'Shlanek's Silhouette has been balanced to make it a more usable drop on average.
- Added the player-made map into the button bar.
- You can now change the UI you want to use in the game settings.
- The inventory icon has been moved to the button bar and a mute button added on top instead. Also, the old player-made in-game map is now gone for the moment (sorry).
Thursday February 08, 2018
- Abaddon's Claws max durability lowered, average BC lowered (min/max unchanged).
Saturday February 03, 2018
- The issue causing temple 5 bosses to drop unintended items SHOULD be resolved. If anyone gets a drop that is CLEARLY supposed to be NATURAL equipment please let me / any dev know so we can go from there. At this point though it should be fixed - OHY
Friday February 02, 2018
- Ornate Reliquary drop rate has been increased.
- Fire Crystal drop rate adjusted to match other elemental crystals.
- Final temple is complete! Be warned.. this is not for the faint of heart. Search for clues in the temples that came before it. Prepare yourself well. You have been warned. (Bonus! Orb drop rates increased for initial launch! Get to collecting!) - Shout out to Drake for the many assists. - Mutednight
Thursday February 01, 2018
- Handmaiden of In'Darill's droppable Agimat (necklace) was being equipped by her instead of her natural/non-dropped Agimat if the droppable version rolled better, meaning that much of the durability could be spent during the fight. This was unintended and has been fixed so future Agimat drops will retain their durability - OHY
- Spawn rate of Long Dead Incinerator has been buffed slightly to be more in line with availability of other early game bosses - OHY
- New equip slot (cosmetic) now added. Equippable cosmetic drops should be coming soon™.
- You can now use multiple characters on the same account at the same time. Go to the character switcher and click the new white arrow beside the name (on desktop generally) and a new browser tab will appear to control that character.
- Now when you rest, the party panel updates appropriately.
- Characters that have applied to a group (but are not yet accepted) will no longer have the group displayed under their name when inspected.
- Google infrastructure is reporting issues on multiple services. They are aware of the problem and they are working on a solution. This means Initium will be experiencing some strange issues until they can resolve the problem. Refreshing might help some of the problems temporarily.
- Orc Shaman helm str requirement has been lowered
Wednesday January 24, 2018
- Xaruk Forest spawn rates buffed.
- Party view is now sorted by name.
- New party leader logic when leader goes down (highest dex gets picked).
- Resting now takes an additional 5 seconds.
- Can rest in "good" spots (including inns) even at full health for well rested buff.
- Locations can now hide monster activity, even with more than 10 max mobs
- Camp defend link now reappears when no mob encountered
- Re-released the latest codebase. We are now no longer reverted. Please watch out for issues.
Monday January 22, 2018
- King Jelly Cube rare spawn has been added to the game world.
- The token exchange page has been fixed.
- The bot checker used to fail for some people on some accounts. It shouldn't fail anymore.
Saturday January 20, 2018
- Small buff to Elemental Orb drop rates - Muted
Friday January 19, 2018
- QuestMaster event is over (thanks BrokenSoul). Remainder of the event has been handed off to devs. Players can no longer get a compass from Aera Inn, and the compasses will be deleted shortly.
- Varito's Ire has been buffed. DR and BC roll better now.
Wednesday January 17, 2018
- QuestMaster event is live! You can pick up your compass (which will show you the current location ID) from Aera Inn. Keep in mind that each alt can only have 1 compass in existence, so make sure you don't lose it.
- Lizardfolk Soldier health and natural equipment has been buffed.
Tuesday January 16, 2018
- Centaur drop text is live - OHY
Monday January 15, 2018
- text update released for Sword of the Barony - OHY
- Amidst assertions that noobs aren't smart enough to ask how difficult something is before trying It, and that Ray is a big meanie trying to trick them, a difficulty warning has been added to Neil's Note - OHY
- Discovery chance in Claw Marked Cavern has been adjusted slightly, numbers were causing ambushes to be exceedingly high for the new players the area is intended for (especially coupled with the high population and respawn) - OHY
Saturday January 13, 2018
- Day/night and weather should now continue updating properly if you had navigated away from the game for a while and then went back.
Friday January 12, 2018
- Tree harvesting related skills now require that you experiment with the felled tree before you get any ideas to harvest from it.
- You can now type /w charactername in chat to begin a private chat with someone by name.
- You now gain experience from the materials you deal with when performing a skill using said materials.
- The invention migration and unification between Voidspace and Initium is now complete. Now both games are running on the same code base.
- Experimentation/prototyping/item construction will no longer create an annoying popup when performed. All relevant text will now only appear in the activity log and chat log.
- The wooden items to kindling skill was 120 seconds to perform and is now 360 seconds BUT the latest version of the invention system will take the tool's increase in speed into account and will no longer be ignored.
Thursday January 11, 2018
- Fixed a small issue that was causing Merman Priest to drop 1 guaranteed water orb, with a chance of a 2nd. Should have the intended drop rate from here forward - OHY
- "Mana Shield" icons used as story telling pop ups in my content have been color coded to indicate which storyline they pertain to. Will make things less confusing when I have a few going at once. Achievement for Neil quest will soon be available
Wednesday January 10, 2018
- Abaddon's Claws have been buffed, but so has Abaddon. Good luck...
- fixed a minor issue with temple bosses, should spawn at their intended rates from here forward - OHY
- Boots of the Mutant Eel have been buffed.
- After initial release and review, new content drops have been... adjusted. Want to know how? Go find out! - Mutednight
Tuesday January 09, 2018
- The Grizzled Veteran has returned to the Aera Inn. He looks worn from his travels. He mentioned something about fighting an incredible beast, unheard of in the land thus far. 'Look to the highest peak in the land, it is here you will find what you seek. BE WARNED.. those that are not prepared... will not live to tell the tale". New content, hope it is enjoyed! - Mutednight
Monday January 08, 2018
- Holiday festivities have ended, and no more frost tokens will drop. Thank you all for participating!
- A new roaming boss has been released.
Rumors say that under the light of the moon, the skin of the Giant Mutant Eel hardens, and the creature becomes much more ferocious. Beware the waters at night! - Hatred (texts for boss drop by Ray, idea by Drake)
Thursday January 04, 2018
- You now get "Create Fire" knowledge instead of Create Campfire knowledge for creating a campfire. Campfire skill has been renamed to simply "Create Fire" as well.
Wednesday January 03, 2018
- MAJOR UPDATE: Orc Captain has been significantly buffed to match the loot he drops. Happy hunting boiz. -- ahh damn
- You now get "Create Campfire" skill knowledge when you light a fire or add fuel to a fire.
Tuesday, January 02, 2018
- Marksmen finally have flavor text. Sorry this took so long, forgot about it until today - OHY
- Handmaiden's Corvo damage rolls have been buffed.
- MAJOR UPDATE: Prots have been buffed to be more difficult. Minimum strength on prot pieces adjusted. Swords have been adjusted to be slightly more dangerous in the long run.
- Newly created house maps are now flammable so you can destroy them by throwing them in a fire.
- Fixed a bug where campsite creation was erroring out and you had to refresh to see your new camp.
- Fixed a bug where experimentation was erroring out.
- After months of waiting, the Clay Kiln is now finally here. If you experience any bugs while attempting to do inventions, first try refreshing the page by clicking your location. It fixes most cache issues.
Monday, January 01, 2018
- You can no longer add more fuel than a fire can contain.
- Fixed the issue with getting auto chat banned when private messaging people.
Wednesday December 13, 2017
- There was some brief downtime today as we had to work through an issue with the chat/notification server. All is well now.
Tuesday December 12, 2017
- Changed the path names to the troll general to be less confusing to new players. The troll general is a dead raid boss that will not respawn. - Hatred
Monday December 11, 2017
- [EVENT] Berry event will be over at 3PM EST. Please turn in any remaining berries by that time. Winners will be announced shortly after.
- [EVENT] The Shadow Demon possessing ahh damn's body has been slain. With the help up of valiant warriors BrokenSoul (2473), Gose (338), and Dolds (187), Aera is made safe once again. [Note: loot will be distributed later this week.]
Sunday December 10, 2017
- Added 2 new slash commands. /welcome (or /noob or /noobs) will bring up a special link new players can click to give the top 4 most popular noob resource links and an explanation for each one. /dev (or /devs or /application) will bring up a link so people who want to help make initium can get some info on how to apply.
- Handmaiden of In'Darill recieved a slight dex nerf - Mutednight
- Suspicious sounds of shifting soil, cracking and heavy grunts come from the Giant Turtle's final resting place. Another newb-level roaming boss has been added near Aera Countryside; good luck! - Darc
- [EVENT] On the journey to vanquish the most wicked Shadow Demon, the noble warrior of Aera Ahh Damn fell into a well laid trap. Succumbing to the demon's wicked power, Ahh Damn's body was possessed by the demon. Marching towards Aera, the demon aims to haunt Aera using the body of the fighter who swore to protect it. (Top 3 damagers get prizes)
Saturday December 09, 2017
- Invention system was broken for the last week or so. Should be working now.
- Character switching no longer bugs the chat!
- When the character on a FREE account dies, it no longer forgets his house path. You no longer need to save the path of your house as they will be remembered automatically. If you are still missing your house there is a special option in your profile page at the bottom to force the game to give your character his houses back.
Friday December 08, 2017
- Hobgoblin Warmonger's Tent now spawns a variable number of soldiers.
- Reanimated Skeletons have received a stat buff to make them a little more threatening to noobs looking to farm Long Dead Incinerator
Thursday December 07, 2017
- A new NOOB BOSS has been added somewhere near the Abandoned Castle. Good luck newbies. You'll need it ;] - OHY
Wednesday December 06, 2017
- NPC Neil, the Adventurer, has been temporarily added to Aera Inn. This NPC will be a large part of a the upcoming new area release and accompanying quest - OHY
- Dragon Lord has gotten a flavor text and combat banner overhaul. Art courtesy of MutedKnight - OHY
Tuesday December 05, 2017
- Drop rate for Grave King's Axe has been increased.
- Drop rate for Wrath of Lotan has been decreased.
Monday December 04, 2017
- Moving items between character and location/chest now queues the refresh, allowing you to move multiple items before a refresh initiates. Also batch drops now ignore items not in your inventory (primarily due to memcache issues). -SPFiredrake
- A new roaming boss, the Handmaiden of In'Darill has been added
Friday December 01, 2017
- Initiating a trade will no longer switch you to automatically private chat.
- When you're trading between your own alts, you no longer have to switch to the alt and switch back again in order to trade a second time.
Thursday November 30, 2017
- FGS reinforcement timer is set to 1 week, but the spawner takes 4-8 weeks to fill up. He will never spawn if the timer is never triggered, so be sure to check on him every week in order to fill up the spawner.
- Frost Giant Shaman is now setup as an instance boss, spawning roughly every 4-8 weeks. Spawner has been "inflated" to make first spawn sooner.
- I have started the code overhaul of the invention system beginning with the experiment step. Experimentation is currently using the new system so please feel free to test it to make sure it works. At this point I believe you can now select specific things to experiment with whereas before that may have been ignored.
- Content developers will now have the ability to create quests using the questing system (the "noob quest" system). This means content devs can introduce a line of quests that go along with their new areas that players can go through in addition to the noob quests offered at the beginning. This kind of quest will always be started via a special item and when you have the item in your possession and click on it to view it's stats, a link will appear at the bottom 'Begin Quest' which will start you on your new journey! Please note that this is new functionality and the content devs have not had a chance to build this into any of their new content yet.
Tuesday November 28, 2017
- Eastern Partying Dagger gets a slight buff.
Friday November 24, 2017
- Spawn rate of General Roxex has been adjusted to more accurately correlate with similar bosses - OHY
Thursday November 23, 2017
- You can now "bulk sell" to player stores up to 20 items/stacks at a time. Click the "Sell All" link at the top and the first 20 in the list will be sold at once.
- Store positions not updating has now been fixed. The store positions will update in various scenarios (including closing and reopening your store).
Wednesday November 22, 2017
- The invention system's selection dialog (for choosing the materials to use) has had a bit of a QoL upgrade.
Monday November 20, 2017
- New epic has been released. Good luck. -SPFiredrake
- Drop All link added to auto looted notifications.
Saturday November 18, 2017
- A new global navigation map is now available to prototype near Aera. Only the locations closest to Aera have been added so far but you can see how it works now. Click the little globe icon to try it out!
Monday November 13, 2017
- You can now turn in berries at Aera Inn. They will be moved to a safe location and tied in to the alt (not user) who submitted the berries. Winners will be announced in 10 days.
Sunday November 12, 2017
- Added a warning to the invention page so people don't waste their time while it's being worked on.
Thursday November 09, 2017
- The android app has had a bit of a facelift to match the rest of the latest look-and-feel. Re-downloading and installing the android app will update your existing app.
- Reduced the size of the music files 3x by changing the bitrate from 320 to a standard 128.
- Fixed the character switcher window UI.
Wednesday November 08, 2017
- Leviathan Spawn has been adjusted slightly. Drop rolls have been tightened, and Spawn has been balanced against new drop rolls.
Tuesday November 07, 2017
- Hilgada PCA paths now set to auto-discovered.
- Encounter rate nerfed at Aera Countryside considerably for duration of the event.
- [EVENT] Harvest season has begun! Old sites at Aera Countryside are littered with berries, and we need people to collect as many as possible! Top 3 will get prizes, and some treats will be made that can be purchased at the conclusion of the event! Collection will begin next week, with an NPC at Aera Inn collecting up all berries. Happy harvesting!
Saturday November 04, 2017
- Major update to the initium development roadmap. You can see it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/initium/comments/7aq9ae/roadmap_this_output_of_the_roadmap_should_be/
Thursday November 02, 2017
- Exploring no longer changes location, meaning you can't sneak into instanced mobs.
- For the next 24 hours, all donations to Initium will count for DOUBLE the donation credit!
- [HALLOWEEN] The event is over! Gorek has been defeated, and the Chaos Gates will soon close.
Tuesday October 31, 2017
- [HALLOWEEN] The distortions once again open up across the lands of Initium, though the monsters seem to come as a trickle compared to before. Destroying the minions has weakened whatever power feeds these rifts, and it is time to end this onslaught once and for all. Find the source of this chaos, and the gates will forever be sealed!
Monday October 30, 2017
- Slightly buffed Bulletehide Bracers
- Chat system has had yet another rewrite. Seems to be working well now. The only notable improvement (besides fixing the chat dupe issue properly) is the fact that we should no longer see chat resets when the server goes down. Chats will be persisted between chat server restarts.
- Chat is getting a new rewrite deployed today, expect possible bumps in the road and downtimes.
Saturday October 28, 2017
- You can now choose multiple tools to work on an invention, but only the first tool will actually be used. Once the first tool is destroyed from use, the next tool in the queue will start being used.
Thursday October 26, 2017
- Halloween Event: More distortions have opened up throughout the lands of Initium! Armies continue to pour out, and minions of chaos can be seen roaming among the hordes!
- Darcarmer, Phase Change, Bashful Ray, MutedKnight, Smolder, Perfect Hatred, Avalokiteshvara, and Quesa are now FULL content developers.
- Fixed chat (but watch out for any further bugs).
Wednesday October 25, 2017
- You can now reprice items in your store. You cannot be vending when you reprice. -SPFiredrake
Friday October 20, 2017
- Premium token and chipped token BUYERS are now listed in the exchange.
Thursday October 19, 2017
- Group pages now list members with a little green light beside their names (and orders them to appear at the top) to indicate that they've been active within the last 3 hours.
- This change log alert format has changed.
- Store names now have a 160 character limit, up from 80.
- BUY ORDERS ARE HERE. You can now place a buy order for an item (by it's name) and people can come by your store and sell you those items automatically! This is typically used for stackable items that don't have unique attributes BUT you can still buy equipment this way. The only problem with equipment is the fact that you cannot specify what stats you want to buy. This of course means that you'll probably only be buying equipment that is meant to be scrapped at a later date. Being able to specify a buy order with stat filters will come with the next iteration of this feature, but probably not soon.
Tuesday October 17, 2017
- [Major Event] A dark mist falls over the world of Initium. Dark masses fall from the sky in various places, and the air seems distorted everywhere. Nothing is as we once knew it...
Friday October 13, 2017
- Movement speed buff now applies to travel, decreasing travel time.
Tuesday October 10, 2017
- GOOD NEWS! There is now a workaround for those who want to use multiple characters at the same time by picking any subdomain of www.playinitium.com. For example, in the url type http://anyRandomText.www.playinitium.com and you can then log into that domain with a fresh session. Use this to have multiple characters on the SAME browser window but in different tabs.
Sunday October 08, 2017
- New chat system has been released! There is still some work to be done so expect some bugs and please report them. It should be mostly the same as before though, just more responsive and realtime.
Wednesday October 04, 2017
- Arena reopened. For now...
- Arena is currently closed while we plug up a few holes.
- The Troll General has been slain, and the troll armies no longer threated Aera in droves. Players can turn in armbands on Thursday, October 5th.
Monday October 02, 2017
- Troll army event has begun! Top 3 stacks of collected armbands will be given prizes, turned in to one of the devs to claim your prize. Only 1 prize per user, and only highest stack will be considered. --SPFiredrake
Tuesday September 19, 2017
- Fixed the bug with being interrupted by a monster while walking making the overlay buttons/text disappear.
Thursday September 07, 2017
- Added the ability to customize the screen width in the settings menu.
- The day/night transition is now smoother by a factor of 10 (just graphically).
- Exploring now automatically repeats itself for you up to 20 times (2 minutes) until it finds something.
Wednesday September 06, 2017
- Added 2 shortcut buttons to the top-right of the banner window so you can quickly access the navigation page and the explore buttons without needing to scroll (unless you have a ton of links). (might be a tad buggy still)
Tuesday September 05, 2017
- Final UI changes are in... for now.
Sunday September 03, 2017
- More UI changes. The transformation is complete.. for now.
- Few more UI changes. More to come..
Friday September 01, 2017
- Big UI update.
Wednesday August 30, 2017
- Addendum for the previous log: The invention shortcut that shows up on the item popup will only appear if the item is currently within reach for you (on the ground or in your inventory).
- The item popup has changed a bit. There is now a button to see what skills you have that relate to the item you are inspecting. This is meant as a shortcut. Currently the selected item is not pre-populated into the selection screen but its a start. Also, comparing your equipment is now represented with a balance icon.
- Tree harvesting and kindling from wooden items skills have been reenabled...a long time ago.
- Added a progress bar for loading the main game screen. This is triggered on login and page refresh.
- Now when you try to advertise your store, it checks if it is closed first and gives the would-be advertiser a message.
Monday August 28, 2017
- Quality of life change - Now when you trade between your own characters (on the same user), the "other side" automatically accepts the trade as soon as one side clicks "accept".
Sunday August 27, 2017
- The first INSTANT item customization is live. You can now customize the name and flavor text for an item instantly (without dev approval) for 5 dollars in donation credit.
Saturday August 26, 2017
- The new noob quest system has now replaced the tutorial as the introduction for new players when they first signup.
Friday August 25, 2017
- Added a questing system (still a work in progress). The first quests will be "noob" quests to teach new players how to play the game in a fun and engaging way.
Thursday August 24, 2017
- Pants art added for Plated/Hardened Nomad Armor, fixing the equipped look for new drops. Art and flavor improvements in the IK instance added, alongside minor trash mob tweaks.
Sunday August 13, 2017
- The event is now over. Please find Alteru to give him your spines. Friday the 18th will be the last turn in day. In the case of lack of alteru, you may find another Dev.
Friday August 11, 2017
- Store bug with apostrophes now fixed.
Wednesday August 09, 2017
- Had a short outage today while I was fixing the SSL certificate issues that arose from Google revoking trust from StartSSL (the cert provider I was using). A new cert solution is now in place and the site should be back up and running again.
- Added a new invention.
- Militia Member's Ring can no longer roll 0% block chance, lowest it will go is 1%.
Thursday August 03, 2017
- It appears that Evan has been possesed by the spirit of a recently slain boss! Kill him and gather limited time collectable items to turn in for prizes. This event shall last until Friday the 11th Midnight UTC -5:00. You have ample time, so we will not disclose locations except for these hints: Where the dead command, at the mountain, buried underground, at the gates, in the sand.
Tuesday August 01, 2017
- A new instanced area has been added with focus on endgame. Difficulty level is designed to be very high.
Sunday July 30, 2017
- Stone Axe recipe changed. Added a new invention.
Friday July 28, 2017
- Collecting from a collection site and building items with invention will now automatically stack the resulting item when it's done.
- The Stone Axe invention skills were wiped with a significantly different implementation.
Thursday July 27, 2017
- Changed amount of bark required to make rope from (10) to (5).
Wednesday July 26, 2017
- /store and /merchant chat commands will now include your store name in the store link.
- Changed the fonts.
Sunday July 23, 2017
- Yellow event messages no longer pollute the tab you're in, only 1 message will show at a time. To see more, go to the ! tab.
Thursday July 20, 2017
- Moderately increased General Roxex spawn rate in 2 out of 4 locations.
Tuesday July 18, 2017
- Sneaking into instance locations has been fixed and the boss rooms unlocked.
Monday July 17, 2017
- Harvesting Wood materials and breaking down wooden items has been re-enabled.
Sunday July 16, 2017
- Tree harvesting temporarily disabled until a fix is found. Same goes for Create Kindling from a Wooden Item.
- An extra salty Dir'Thelien has taken over the Elven Grove! Be warned he is extremely powerful, veterans be warned.
Saturday July 15, 2017
- Resting is now allowed at night without an active campfire TEMPORARILY while we take care of some new bugs.
- Reworked the "Turn Small Wooden Club into Kindling" Idea for invention. It is now "Break-down Wooden Items into Kindling" and may be used on a number of items such as small wooden clubs, small wooden shield, Heavy Wooden Shield and more. Working on adding a few more to the list, feel free to talk with us on slack for any suggestions.
Friday July 14, 2017
- Thieves and brigands now have a decent chance to have a firestarter.
- Fires should now last 2x longer for the same amount of fuel and campsites now last 2x longer than they used to (their integrity now drops 2x slower).
- You now get a Well Rested buff when resting at a campsite with an active fire going. This applies to both day and night for simplicity.
- Player houses can now create campfires, however they are also now considered to be indoors and you do not need a campfire to rest there. Even old player houses should work. Walking to old player houses automatically upgrades them to the new system.
- Day/night and weather is now showing in the app (on recent android OSs)
- Lit campfires being necessary at night is once again enabled as the bugs have been ironed out.
- Creating campfires in campsites is now live again.
Wednesday July 12, 2017
- Added an Explore button to the banner when not in combat. Added an Exit button to the banner which clicks the Leave and Forget button when it exists.
- Many users have reported issues about errors consisting of "There was an error when trying to perform the action."It seems to occur when interacting with Collection Sites and collection site ressources. While we are investigating this, there is a fix you can perform on your own. You will need to be able to open the console and type: cancelLongOperations(null)
Tuesday July 11, 2017
- As a temporary fix to instanced boss camping, the last room will now remain permanently LOCKED. You will not be able to enter. By trying to move towards this location, you can engage the monsters spawned within. When a permanent solution is available, this will be reverted. The affected Locations are The Lavish Pavillion, The Fort Black Throne Room. As a side effect of thsi change, the escape paths will no longer be available. This will make it fairer for players trying to complete end-game content.
- The night time restriction for resting at outdoor rest sites has been lifted temporarily for some bug fixes needed in the invention system. I'll report here when it's fixed.
- Please be aware that the ability to create a campfire in a campsite will only work on newly created campsites.
- MAJOR - MAJOR CHANGE - Campfires now have a use! For rest sites that are outside, you can no longer rest at night unless you have an active campfire. This means you have to be able to see the fire (not just smoke) to rest there. The ability to build a campfire is a researched skill, but it comes very easily. (Please note that there will be hiccups along the way with this but it should be ironed out today)
Sunday July 09, 2017
- The Grand Tree event for both newbies (leaves) and veterans (bark and root) alike will be extended another two days. The new deadline is now July 11 at 11:59 EDT.
Saturday July 08, 2017
- Due to the massive influx of new players and the scarcity of monsters that may occur, the Pumped Up Buff will be doubled in duration temporarily.
- For clarification, the newbie and veteran events will last up to approximately 11:59 PM July 9 EDT.
- Newbie event near Aera! Check out the Aera location text. This event and the veteran's event will last until approximately midnight on July 10 EDT.
- You feel the earth rumble slightly. Something disturbing has happened to the Grand Tree! (This is an event for veterans, PM Staub, Iorveth or Shyvana for the reward. Whoever finishes fastest gets the best reward.)
Friday July 07, 2017
- The Summoner has been slain, lamenting a lost love in his search for some unknown relic. Roark and the traveller, sensing that they have served their purpose, embark from the Aera Inn to their homes.
Thursday July 06, 2017
- The golem has been slain at the Old Canyon Quarry, but the Summoner still threatens Aera with some nefarious plot and evil magics.
- Encountering Summoner no longer teleports you to the new location, allowing you to be rescued.
Wednesday July 05, 2017
- A blacksmith seems to have taken up residence in Aera Inn. He seems quite interested in the pieces of the Golem that have dropped.
- Aseridith Summoner has unleashed a Golem, attacking all travellers between Volantis and Aera. After dealing enough damage to the Golem, the path to the Summoner has opened up, weakening all who enter the lab.
- Buffed Guardian's Flail (damage and crit mult)
- A Traveller has taken up residence in Aera Inn, warning of an impending evil. He hinted at a secret lab in Aseridith, and a secret staircase has been discovered inside the fort under the west walls. Further passage was blocked by an energy field, and spider machines began flowing out and heading towards Volantis, which were quickly dispatched. More to come soon.
Tuesday June 27, 2017
- Tokens added to invention crafting screen. Require the same amount of dust as Common Cards to craft. Discover the recipes by experimenting/crafting cards and dusting cards.
- Second Edition of Cards are now live and released. Fairy spawns have been reenabled in the Magical Forest. Happy hunting. You may find the play rules here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14mX8Wlx6KyjmF5ojS6AvDcAMOero4tCeWZSp6O3DL8Q/edit
Sunday June 25, 2017
- Champion's Blade now has a STR requirement.
Saturday June 24, 2017
- Werefrogs nerfed back to original stats.
- Werefrogs now have weapons! Groovy.
Friday June 23, 2017
- Werefrogs now have x10 HP to properly account for their magnificence. Thanks go out to Grilled Chicken.
Thursday June 22, 2017
- Collecting from a collection site will now always grant a skill up in the appropriate knowledge class. This means you can now overcome the experiment limit on knowledge and reach maximum knowledge in these fields.
- The combat icons on the banner are now no longer covered by the character widget and buffs on very small screens.
Monday June 19, 2017
- Farmers in the Northern Hills flee to Aera trying to escape a dangerous monster only recently arrived. Rumors spread about it's uncanny resemblance to a troll.
Saturday June 17, 2017
- The Angry Kobold mob has risen once again! They've been spotted taking over Aera Countryside and attempting to spread!
- A raid boss roams the land...can you find it? New player friendly. Rewards to be determined a bit later.
Thursday June 15, 2017
- Major invention change. Now you can repeat any skill execution as many times as you want, however you have to be logged in to the character at the time with the character open on the screen and the "material/tool picker" page needs to stay open.
Tuesday June 13, 2017
- Added a /music or /soundtrack slash command to the chat which will bring up the official soundtrack for Initium to play in the background.
- Fixed character switching bug where the chat would still use your previous character.
- Achievements are now active at the user account level. Achievements will be awarded based on event participation. (Sample is visible on InitiumDev) -Durp
Saturday June 10, 2017
- Add ability to do refreshless character switching. - jenga201
- After combat finishes, all party members will be removed from combat. - jenga201
- The party box has been updated to have the character widgets for your party members.
Friday June 09, 2017
- Elusive Fairy Spawns Disabled while we update the card list.
Thursday June 08, 2017
- Arena has been revamped. We've hired some help to ensure only one combatant enters at a time, and reduced the time between runs. All rewards have been replenished, and have dedicated individuals tasked to ensuring you get your prize. If you have any issues, please call for one of the pit magistrates, and they will help you out. -SPFireDrake
- Now when creating a new camp on mobile, the keyboard should no longer popup and annoy you.
- Added a new tutorial for when you create a new account! The old quickstart has been replaced by it. You can trigger this tutorial by typing /tutorial in chat.
Friday June 02, 2017
- The combat "effects" (when you swing your weapon) now shows a different animation for misses, crits, and misses that were completely blocked.
- A dusty team of adventurers enters the city of Aera with a victorious swagger, voices crowing over their latest adventure and the great wealth and treasure which it brought. They tell the tale of an ancient shrine long lost to the world, and its fearsome kobold guard. They speak of what they found within. Of blood sacrifice and altars to an ancient darkness, the name of which is no longer known. They speak of it?s purification. Of monstrous blood spilled, a defaced altar and the destruction and the desecration of the rest. You feel a strange chill as the tale concludes. This act you suspect, will not be without consequence.
Thursday June 01, 2017
- Non-premium players will now have a handy "Gift Premium" link at the top of the popup window when you click on them.
- Putting your mouse over your portrait will now reveal your primary stats without having to click.
Wednesday May 31, 2017
- As voted by the players last night, for the next 48 hours, untill 4 Pm June 2 UTC -5:00, Protector of The Plains will drop 2x Chest Pieces.
Tuesday May 30, 2017
- Added a "premium membership gift counter" that will show up in the same place as your referral stats.
- Added an attacking visual effect when you attack.
Monday May 29, 2017
- Added handy attack and run buttons directly to the banner as "overlay links" when in combat.
- The bug that was causing multiple people to attack the same "instanced" monster should be fixed now.
Saturday May 27, 2017
- Now when a new "!" message comes in, it also goes to whatever tab you're currently on.
Wednesday May 24, 2017
- Increased drop rate for Guardian's Chain
Tuesday May 23, 2017
- Managing your store just improved a bit:
- When renaming your store, the previous name is now in the popup for easy editing
- The current store-wide adjustment is now visible
- Removed the now redundant "enable/disable your store" link ass the button bar is always visible
Monday May 22, 2017
- When you sell something, you now get a message in the "!" message tab saying what you sold and who you sold it to.
Sunday May 21, 2017
- 1 word. Combat is now refreshless.
Saturday May 20, 2017
- Yeti event ended. This lasted a little longer than it should have.
Friday May 19, 2017
- 1 word. Refresh-less movement.
- Pressing cancel on operations that are not instant will now no longer refresh the page (yay).
Thursday May 18, 2017
- Equip commands updated to be refresh-less. Slots change instantly, unequipped items move to top of inventory list, and banner immediately updates character widget. Applies to Equip item, Unequip item, and Unequip all. -SPFireDrake
- Rewrote part of the code that deals with "long operations" (operations that are not completed instantly but have a countdown). It iis no longer memcache based and so will never randomly fail due to memcache flushes.
Tuesday May 16, 2017
- Now when you finish a skill or prototype, and if you are not currently in the initium tab in your browser, a desktop notification will popup. Clicking the notification will bring you to the initium tab.
- Now when you finish a skill or prototype, a happy little notification sound plays.
- You can now execute certain skills multiple times in a row automatically (again). Specifically, kindling to tinder.
- Now when someone buys something from your store, your money is automatically updated (in the top bar) and you hear a "clink" sound.
- The /guide command has been updated to the new starter and progression guide.
- Increased Critical Hti Chance, Lowered Dex Penalty and increased block chance on the Frostbite weapon.
Monday May 15, 2017
- Yeti's are awakening from their winter slumber! For the next 24 hours, until 16 May 8PM UTC-5:00 , Yeti spawn rate will be quadrupled and will give 5x exp.
Saturday May 13, 2017
- Invention prototyping, skills, and adding firewood to the fire just got a whole lot easier. The dialogs for choosing which items you wish to use now keep the items you choose around until you close it so you can trigger it multiple times. ALSO, when an item is completely consumed, only that item gets removed so you can choose another.
Friday May 12, 2017
- Fixed a bug with audio not playing the first time it is attempted (due to it not being loaded yet). Also changed the sound effects to wood chopping sounds for both tinder and kindling construction.
- Now when anyone in a given location makes kindling or tinder, a sound effect that sounds like a hammer on wood starts playing for everyone in the location. That sound effect no longer plays randomly as an ambient sound in Aera (it used to).
- You can now see which items are flammable, which items are a firestarter, and in the future any other aspects of an item will be visible in this way. Just click on the item to get the popup and the list of aspects associated with the item will be displayed in a comma separated list.
Thursday May 11, 2017
- Now when you sell something in your store, your money will automatically update in real-time!
- A campfire now has an associated sound effect when it is active.
- Now when a fire changes visual states (unlit, smoking a little, smoking a lot, on fire), everyone in the location will get a live update of it's latest state in most cases.
Wednesday May 10, 2017
- Now when you light a fire, it will only consume 1 tinder and 3 kindling no matter how many are in the stack that you use.
- Fireplaces (and all "immovable items") now appear as icons across the bottom of the banner. You can click them to quickly and easily pull up their usual popup.
- Reduced the rate at which monster activity regenerates at the Aera Countryside location
Tuesday May 09, 2017
- Collecting from collection sites will now give you a live countdown timer showing how much time is left on the collection.
- The check if it is raining now excludes being indoors and excludes snow/sandstorm conditions. It should only stop you from lighting a fire if you're actually in the rain.
- You can no longer light a fire while it is raining.
- The following NEW items (this doesn't apply to these items that spawned before this change): Small Wooden Clubs, Greatclubs, Light Wooden Shields, Heavy Wooden Shields, Wooden Bucklers, Wooden Cudgels, Steel Studded Wooden Shield are all now flammable and can be used directly as fuel for a fire.
Sunday May 07, 2017
- Released the card mini-game. Look around forests near Aera for Elusive Fairies that may collect cards.
Friday May 05, 2017
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, tonight's 7PM PST event will have to be postponed in order to permit a stable and quality release. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Tuesday May 02, 2017
- You can now create a fire and add fuel to a fire. Find a Dug Firepit in Aera and you can add firewood to it to keep it going!
Sunday April 30, 2017
- Starting 9:45PM April 29th, up t'ill 11:00 PM April 29th UTC-05:00, Protector of the Jungle Spawn rate will be 10x.
Thursday April 27, 2017
- Lizard King Event! Spawn rate has been increased significantly for the next hour.
- Slightly increased odds of rolling high damage on Winter's Folly. Slight DR increase for Regal helm but small durability decrease.
Tuesday April 25, 2017
- Nerfed mob counts in Endless Tunnel instance for Xarukian Captains and Petrified Goblin Forerunners
Monday April 24, 2017
- The new chat system has entered testing and it's amazing! Still a few things left to do before it can be released but it's going very well. (Thank Derekt)
- Popup messages have been added (and now released) on the new UI. Test it out by clicking the "enable duel requests" button (which gives you a popup right away).
Friday April 21, 2017
- Private messages are now sent on an account-level. If you change characters, your PMs for all characters are visible in the "Private" tab. (For those of you concerned about your secret identities, yes you should be concerned. If you're serious about secret identities, then you'll have to make another account)
Tuesday April 18, 2017
- A new instanced wing is now open. It is located in the Depths. Congrats to The Reborn on the first clear. Rumors of another mysterious area have surfaced as well.
- Fixed monster's banner images being "too zoomed in" in some situations.
Monday April 17, 2017
- Adjusted spawn chances for General Roxex
Friday April 14, 2017
Thursday April 06, 2017
- While in-game music integration is not yet done, you can now listen to the complete Initium soundtrack!
Tuesday April 04, 2017
- The invention system is re-enabled, you may continue manufacturing Kindling as you see fit. ^^
Friday March 31, 2017
- Fixed the landing/login page CSS (was pretty messed up on mobile). ALSO NOTE: Invention is temporarily disabled as I make some major changes.
- Added nearby merchants, characters, and items to the new UI. Tweaked the page popup a bit further.
- The new UI has had a tweak that desktop users will benefit from. Now page-popup windows (inventory, stores..etc) will cover the entire right side of the screen, giving you lots of screen realestate to conduct your business.
- If you are stuck in a location with no exit paths, there is now a tool to automatically fix yourself! Click on "Help! Something's Wrong" above the "Logout" button to bring up the new Autofix page. -Papa
Wednesday March 29, 2017
- High Road should now be slightly easier to navigate. - SuperMom
Monday March 27, 2017
- There will no longer be a 10 minute timeout between new character creations. Due to the character limit, you'll now be able to create characters as fast as you want. (not yet deployed; will deploy soon)
- I've deleted and re-created the Deep Sea location. I've also re-arranged paths from it to a new Deep Sea. The instance can be considered re-open, until you break it again. Sahuagin General drops were buffed and increased. Sahuagin General no longer dual wields. Sahuagin general no longer drops many large chests.
Saturday March 25, 2017
- The following players have received Great Salmon Club's for participating and clearing the release of the Sunken Ruins. Loch Ness Monster / LiamLiam / Smolder Hitter V / Michelangelo / Idefix / Astrocat / Absentee Father / Syrup / Vyper / Lord Alovanis / HubotzMiniUnitSeven / Ewok / Paladin / Zanicus / derekt / Chukha Trok / Hummingbird / Emerald Guardian / The Purple Mal
Thursday March 23, 2017
- Now premium accounts will be given 8 character slots and subsequent character slot increases will cost 5 dollars in donation credit for 8 new slots.
- Premium members are now limited to 4 character slots per account (older accounts are grandfathered in if they have more than the character limit). YOU CAN get more character slots at the top of the profile page for 4 character slots for $5 in donation credit.
- THE FIRST ITERATION OF THE INVENTION SYSTEM HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!!!!!
- The Orc Double Axes are back to their usual Slashing damage only...... maybe I should wait for papa.
- Orc Double Axe will now drop as Bludgeoning and Slashing (it was just Slashing before).
Tuesday March 21, 2017
- Deep Sea is currently bugged. Do not attempt to clear, it won't work.
Saturday March 18, 2017
- Slightly reduced the probability of higher damage rolls for the Alderaian Trishula.
Friday March 17, 2017
- Will be making a small change to The Depths Instance Area.
- Time before respawn slightly increased for Deep Sea.
- Changed Ice Spear crit multiplier ranges.
Thursday March 16, 2017
- Live Event: Deranged Explorer
Tuesday March 07, 2017
- PRO TIP: If you lost all your paths in a given location, hit the "show hidden paths" link and they will come back permanently. There is a workaround in the show hidden paths code that migrates your discoveries to the new system. This only has to be done once per location. All new path discoveries will use the new system automatically.
- Only non-hidden paths are loaded in a given location to speed up location navigation times. -ID
- Only group creators can kick group administrators. Non-admins and non-creators will no longer see Kick buttons when viewing their group. -Armorproof
- Made the Move Items page a bit prettier. -ID
Monday March 06, 2017
- Increased the Intelligence and Strength of Dir'Thelien
- Globally rebalanced every weapon in the game. Items that have already dropped will not be affected. Check out This Reddit Post for more details.
Saturday March 04, 2017
- Arena travel time has been augmented to 12 seconds. To verify no one has already run the arena and to give tiem to the custodians to heal your opponents/clean up, if you attempt to enter and do not get stopped by a custodian within 3-5 seconds, cancel the movement. This is to assure your ticket will not go to waste.
Friday March 03, 2017
- Arena has now been fixed and is awaiting the pleasure of your visit. Please don't break it again.
Thursday March 02, 2017
- Instance respawn timers have been fixed to start on encounter. Additionally, parties will no longer be able to move or encounter in instances. -SPFireDrake
Tuesday February 28, 2017
- Fixed a few errors relating to the latest stack selling change. Should be good now.
- The premium exchange page will now remember the tab you were in last when it loads. -ID
- You can now buy and sell Chipped Tokens from the Premium Token Exchange page.
- Stacked items (items with a quantity) are now sold PER EACH. When you go to buy an item with a quantity you will be asked how many you want to buy. Furthermore, when setting the price of the item in your store, the price is now per each.
Sunday February 26, 2017
- Increased the encounter rates of Baron Cricketon
Saturday February 25, 2017
- Aera Inn is no longer considered an "outside" location
- Fixed item durability warnings not displaying in shops. -derekt
- Added Mini Tooltips that appear when a mouse is hovering over an item in a store, inventory, nearby items, etc. Armor and Shield display
- Requests that reload the page now generally only accept 1 at a time, cancelling subsequent requests until the page has reloaded. This does not include ajax commands.
- When interrupted from creating a campsite, the message is now much more verbose giving some idea as to why this happens and what to do about it.
- After donating via PayPal, the return page no longer 404s out and it instead navigates to main.jsp with the profile page open. A thank-you message was also added. I also made the thank-you message include useful info on e-checks.
- Fixed a rare bug with the google button signups. It should now always work! Yay finally!
- A new type of premium token is now available. Click on a premium token to turn it into 100 "Chipped Tokens". 100 chipped tokens can be turned back into a premium token at any time. Clicking on either token will give you an option to convert them in the popup.
Friday February 24, 2017
- The Centaur boss will now drop two pieces of gear instead of one. To compensate, its stats have also been very slightly raised.
- The Troll Basher new player event item no longer drops
Thursday February 23, 2017
- The Ninja Shades had multiplied to ridiculous numbers. A culling is being done. The Camp area will now be clear of any. And those that died in a site to one, the site was moved to the Bloody Battlefield instead.
- Added a new drop to some aera countryside monsters. This should help new players level up faster.
- After our first Initium Twitch Stream last night; featuring a special duel. We are releasing a special 1 week event. Ending on march 1 2017, we will give out 3 Unique prizes to those who collect and turn in specially dropped items from a new powerful monster. This is not for new players; even veterans will likely die. Have fun!
Wednesday February 22, 2017
- Added an item class to the Sherian Mace item. Also adjusted its space and weight.
Sunday February 19, 2017
- Arena closed until a hole in the wall can be fixed.
Saturday February 18, 2017
- When you kill a monster and auto-loot their stuff, there is now a handy "drop on ground" link under each item you picked up.
Wednesday February 15, 2017
- DDOS protection is now implemented a bit differently. You are forced to take a 1 minute break when you trigger it. This change was made to try to combat a possible source of lag spikes.
Friday February 10, 2017
- When you click X on a combat site or when you use the "leave and forget" button, the combat site will now usually be deleted if the following conditions exist: The site has only 1 character in it total, that character is a monster with <1 hitpoint, and the monster has 0 dogecoins on his person.
Tuesday February 07, 2017
- Combat sites now get cleaned up very differently. Now NO combat sites get cleaned until they have been not entered for 48 hours. Also, any combat site with more than one path leading from it will not be deleted until only 1 path leads from it (for camps that branch out with combat sites). To reiterate, if a character enters a combat site, the 48 hour countdown for deletion gets reset.
Friday February 03, 2017
- You can no longer hack your way into inspecting NPCs that are still alive.
Monday January 30, 2017
- Variations of group 'training dummies' or similar iterations have been removed.
- LISTEN UP, SOME CRAZY GON' HAPPEN - In an effort to cull the remaining 75,000 combat sites that have been sitting around for anywhere between yesterday and the dawn of Initium, I am introducing a new concept called combat site collapse. If a combat site is more than 24 hours old, it will be collapsed. What this means is all items and characters within the combat site will be MOVED TO THE PARENT. Dead or alive, money or no money. Yes, this probably means that 75,000 monsters are about to appear in the main world locations across the game world. Yes, this means many of them will be dead but with unclaimed money. Yes, this means many will be ALIVE and will block you from moving until you kill them. This is serious business folks. The whole world is about to get attacked by countless mobs from the old age and the new. Legacy gear and who knows what else will simply appear in the main locations everywhere. Now, this is going to start happening probably in about 12 hours, but it might start happening sooner or later (I'm not exactly sure). It is also possible that I messed something up and it doesn't happen at all (though I super doubt that because I tested this not at all). GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY!
- You can now type /help in chat to bring up the chat help. Previously you could only do this by pressing the question mark in the upper right corner. You can now initiate trades with characters by typing /trade
- There is now a confirmation message when kicking a character from a group. -Tacobowl
Friday January 27, 2017
- Players can now create maps from their own houses to share paths. One time use maps are destroyed upon use. Reusable maps have no dura, and can be used indefinitely (with an option to manually destroy the map). -SPFireDrake
Wednesday January 25, 2017
- The character widget now appears OVER the travel animation so you can still use it while exploring/traveling.
- You can now fullscreen the chat in the new UI.
Tuesday January 24, 2017
- Groups can now publicly declare wars and alliances. Alliances must be approved by the requested group. Wars are split into two categories - received and declared. Declared wars can be ended at any time by the declarer. Received wars will appear on the group page and cannot be ended except by the declarer. - PoolRequest
- Fix the CSS for the warning indicator when items are shared in chat. -gurulahima
- When setting a new party leader, the confirmation prompt will now display the character's name in place of "someone else". -Camamoow
- Players who have the name "Unnamed" have a new link at the bottom of their profile for renaming their character. -Dias-Flac
- Updated in-game map to use community map. Players are able to specify getting low-resolution version in settings to save on bandwidth. -SPFireDrake
- Major progress on the new UI, parts of it are working but its still a ways away from being fully usable. -InitiumDev
Sunday January 22, 2017
- Increased the number of enemies present in the locations where Na'Kareth roams.
Friday January 20, 2017
- Increased the difficulty of the Mercenary enemy.
- Reduced the rate at which monster activity regenerates at the Depraved Wilds location
Monday January 16, 2017
- Raised the spawn rate of the Rakken Queen in the Queens chambers slightly.
Friday January 13, 2017
- Reduced the damage of the Chilled Blade natural weapon.
Wednesday January 11, 2017
- Very small increase to the block chance of Bulettehide Bracers.
Sunday January 08, 2017
- Hopefully fixed the issues with the bandit instance common room.
Wednesday January 04, 2017
- Added the option to drink beer to the Volantis Inn and Wastelander's Rest Stop.
Monday January 02, 2017
- Slightly increased the probability for lower Dexterity Penalty Tower Shield rolls and slightly decreased the probability for Steel Kite Sheilds.
- The Murloc and Arctic Murloc monsters have been given new art and renamed to Werefrog and Arctic Werefrog respectively.
Thursday December 29, 2016
- Tweaked some boss encounter rates. Increased rates for several bosses that were overly difficult to find and slightly reduced rates for a few that were appearing too often.
Wednesday December 28, 2016
- Hopefully fixed all lingering house path text issues involving "Leave The Crib" and "Go to The Crib". Please let Papa know if you are still seeing that on your house paths.
- Increased the Damage Reduction range of Western Ranger Cuirass and slightly improved the probability for better Dex rolls. Also increased the hitpoints of the Aseridith Marksman.
- The Show Hidden Paths link no longer refreshes the page. -Tacobowl
- Fixed a bug when merging groups. Houses should now be transferred properly. -SPFiredrake
- Improved the block chance and dexterity penalty of the Onyx Chain
Tuesday December 20, 2016
- You can now merge 2 groups into one. A creator of a group can trigger this action from their group page. The group he wants to merge with must accept the merge. All members of the group being merged will be simple members of the new group (admins/creators will just be members). Ranks will be reset as well. -SPFiredrake
- Drinking beer will no longer refresh the page, and will in real time update your widget with the buff(s). -Fayyne
- You now get to see a yellow warning indicator when an item is below 20% durability, and a red indicator when it's below 10% durability. Your avatar will also show this warning to indicate equipment you have on is below this threshold. -Poolrequest
- You can now swap a container with another container (even if its full of stuff) with one click. You can do this in your inventory screen currently by selecting 2 containers. One container must be empty. -Revmuun
- Auto-equip. Automatically equip a full set of equipment while unequipping existing equipment - from a container. -Malzawar
- Forget all Combat Sites link added below the navigation buttons. This will in essence click all the Xs. -tacobowl
- Forget Combat Site functionality (pressing that X next to a combat site or destroyed camp) no longer reloads the page. -tacobowl
- The chat help feature is now a page-popup. It's much larger than it was and easier to use. -tacobowl
Monday December 19, 2016
- Small increase to the encounter rate of Black Guard Captains
Friday December 16, 2016
- Minor tweaks to several boss encounter rates
Thursday December 15, 2016
- Slightly reduced the strength of the Gor'Grub Trib Chieftain
Wednesday December 14, 2016
- Groups can now merge! Only 1 pending merge request at a time, and accepting group takes all group members and houses. Original group does not get deleted, so group names cannot be reused. The old group will have a link to the group it merged with on it's old group page. All player permissions for members of the group that is being merged are reset to simply members (including the creator); admin status and creator status is removed from the merging group. -SPFireDrake (This change is not yet live)
- Seals have been renamed to Dire Seals
Monday December 12, 2016
- Durability warnings are now added to your character mini and each individual item. When durability is below 20% a yellow indicator will show up on the item and on your character avatar. When durability is below 10%, a red indicator will show. -PoolRequest (Note: This change isn't live yet)
Sunday December 11, 2016
- Changed the item drop rates for Drow Scouts, Hobgoblin Hunters, and Hobgoblin Berserkers, removing duplicate spawns for most items.
- Fixed a bug with the Troll King (at least for now; I'll keep an eye on it).
Saturday December 10, 2016
- Parties can now enter group/player housing if all members of the party have access to that housing by default. -Tacobowl
Friday December 09, 2016
- Improved the stats of the newest drop from the Aseridith Executioner
Thursday December 08, 2016
- Improved the block chance and damage reduction of Dragon Hide Vambraces.
- Very slightly reduced the probability for higher Damage Reduction rolls on Protector armor (Max & Min unchanged).
- Adjusted the monster spawns at the new Kobold Camp. Instead of Kobolds, new Kobold Scouts will be encountered there instead.
- Added a new area near Aera, the Kobold Camp.
Wednesday December 07, 2016
- Improved several of Na'Kareth's armor pieces, especially the Chest and Legs block chance. Also gave Na'Kareth's Axe a sizeable damage increase.
- Adjusted the damage roll of Dragon Blood Greatsword. Also slight reduction to its durability.
- Slightly improved the block chance and damage reduction of Archmage's Robes. Also made small increases to Archmage's Intelligence and Strength.
- Substantially improved the Nightcrawlers boots item. Also small increases to the Strength and Hitpoints of the Shadow Master.
- Tweaked a few boss encounter rates, including substantial increases to Baron Cricketon and the Yeti, a moderate increase to Rakken Queen, and other minor adjustments.
- Corrected a bug with Lizard King's encounter rate in one location.
- Added a new drop to the Aseridith Marksman loot table and increased his HP. Also dramatically increased his intelligence to better fit the "marksman" archetype.
Tuesday December 06, 2016
- The location buttons for the Trail Head are now fixed.
- Trained Dire Wolves now drop the Spiked Collar on occasion.
- Spectre has been nerfed moderately.
- Reduced the probability of higher Cudgel damage and critical hit multiplier. Minimum and maximum rolls are unchanged.
- Slightly increased all stats of the Aseridith Executioner.
- Reworked the loot of the Aseridith Executioner - Bloodied Hauberk will now roll with GAA resistances and a new item has been added to his drops. Also added a couple enemies to the executioner's instance.
- Removed Cloth Robe from the Lizard King's equipment set. Adjusted the block chance of his Thickened Skin to roll more consistent and slightly higher.
Monday December 05, 2016
- Hopefully fixed some bugs at Lizardfolk Marshland. If anything strange continues happening, please let Papa know.
- Aseridith Marksman was creating errors when spawning. This has now been hopefully fixed.
- Sherian Mace now has a dexterity penalty.
Saturday December 03, 2016
- Slightly improved the Block Chance of Lizard Fists and Lizard Helm. Also made small increases to the Strength and Intelligence of the Lizard King.
- Moderately reduced the hitpoints of Bug-Bears.
Thursday December 01, 2016
- Arena is reopen for business. Fixed an issue where one could simply walk in the arena's treasury. Friendly reminder that a minimum of 45 minutes is required per contestant run for the custodians to clean and find new combatants.
- Adjusted some bosses ticket drop rates.
- Queens Chambers spawning is now fixed.
- Arena Closed for maintenance
- Slightly improved the Block Chance and Dexterity Penalty of Pristine Red Scale Armor and Hardened Nomad Garb.
Wednesday November 30, 2016
- Added a new boss to the Rakken area.
Tuesday November 29, 2016
- Increased the Damage Reduction of the Canyon Colossus' armor.
- Reduced durability of the Ogre-Sized Shovel.
- Slight improvements to Tower Shields (Dex Penalty, Damage Reduction, and Block Chance)
- Added a few more enemies to the deeper locations of the Aseridith Dungeon instance.
- Arena Tickets will no longer stack. IMPORTANT: You must unstack old tickets before using them. If you try to use one ticket from a stack of multiple, the entire stack will be used, regardless of how many are in the stack.
- Dramatically reduced the reinforcement timers for all Goliath Gulch bosses (including tribe generals)
Monday November 28, 2016
- Significantly increased Protector encounter rates (excluding Protector of The Dunes)
- Increased Damage Reduction substantially on all Desert Prince armor pieces. Flail of the Desert Prince now blocks bludgeoning at the Poor level instead of Average and its block chance will tend to roll lower than before. Also slightly reduced durability.
- Added Arena Tickets to some bosses.
- Redesigned all pieces of the Protector armor set. Check out This Reddit Post for more info.
Friday November 25, 2016
- Slightly lowered max dex rolls of the first 3 Arena Bosses. Slightly lowered max DR of some items of the third boss.
- Added a new instance off of Volantis, The Arena!
- Changed the unread chat notification method to use the way that will be used in the new UI.
- New drops of Half-Plate and Full-Plate now have proper pants when they are viewed on a character.
- Equipment that take up more than one slot can now have separate icons for each slot. This won't work for legacy equipment, and content devs still need to migrate all equipment generators to the new system (and get art for them). However, Nakeen was the lucky guy I used to test this on. He is wearing the only full-plate that features separate art pieces. (Congrats on winning the art lottary Nakeen!)
Wednesday November 16, 2016
- Small tweak to the gear used by the Goblin Leader
Friday November 11, 2016
- Stackable items have been released. Certain items can now use the Merge/Split feature and show a number over their icon when they're stackable.
Tuesday November 08, 2016
- You can now type /ignore playername in chat and a handy link will appear that you can click on which cause you to ignore that player's chats.
- Added this changelog global update mechanism.
- There was a bug that caused gold to not be collected after combat in instances like the Troll King. This has been fixed.
- Group pages now have a "members active in the last 3 hours" count and a "members active in the past week" count.
Saturday November 05, 2016
- Zombies were not zombifying players (basically instant death with no way to save a player). This has been corrected for any NEW zombies that are created, but existing zombies are still the same as before.
Friday November 04, 2016
- Hopefully fixed some bugs associated with Kobold Settlement (random teleports to Aera and some combat site issues)
Thursday November 03, 2016
- Increased the durability of Ornate Reliquary.
Wednesday November 02, 2016
- The default starting location for new players has been returned to Aera.
- Fixed a bug causing Volantis Inn to be player-owned, preventing parties from entering or leaving.
Tuesday November 01, 2016
- Fixed an error that prevented higher-tier skulls from transmuting.
- If you "Delete and Recreate" your character (in the profile section), you will now always start at the default location (currently Volantis) rather than your old character's home town. This is a permanent change.
- The player-base has chosen to make Volantis the starting location for new players while Aera is siege by the Zombie infestation (thanks a lot Halloween).
Monday October 31, 2016
- BAD OUTAGE FOR AWHILE. Sorry about that. Everything is back up.
- Fixed the bug that was released this morning that caused equipment to be unequipped constantly. Will fix banner overlay links soon..
- If you have the store name style customization, you can now rename your store and the style will remain. (If you already have the store name customization, you will need to have the style re-applied in order to take advantage of this, at no cost of course).
- The relatively common issue where your character can become bugged due to equipment being destroyed now has an automated workaround so a dev doesn't have to fix it for you.
- Fixed a bug that would occur when you're becoming a zombie.
- Fixed a bug that was causing customization orders to fail if the order was NOT for an item customization (like custom store displays, custom buffs, custom houses..etc).
Sunday October 30, 2016
- The /me function will now allow you to click on the character name. This means it should also work with the ignore function now too.
Saturday October 29, 2016
- Fixed the wording for the message that pops up asking if your premium gift should be anonymous or not.
Thursday October 27, 2016
- Amulet of the Howling Sands will now be equipped in the neck slot. All stats have been adjusted to accommodate the change.
- Slight buffs to Gol'Shlanek's Shelter (Durability) and Gol'Shlanek's Silhouette (Damage Reduction & Block).
- Removed several types of gems from Orc Miners. To compensate, gem drop rates in the rest of the map have been increased slightly.
- Removed two extra spaces from the end of "Tiefling Cuirass ".
- Significantly buffed Sleek Rings, in addition to notable buffs to Desert Gems and Trapped Soul.
Wednesday October 26, 2016
- All Elemental enemies (Earth, Fire, Water, Wind) now do not drop gold.
Monday October 24, 2016
- Items that are 1kg or less will no longer cause durability loss to a container when they are put inside.
Sunday October 23, 2016
- Reduced Ornate Reliquary durability.
- Adjusted the durability on Small and Large Chests.
- Since storage container durability is now used, chests from past event rewards (Great Chests and Storage Crates) have had their durability retroactively increased.
- All containers now reduce durability by 1 when you put items into the container. Transmute boxes also reduce by 1 when a transmute takes place (successful or not). If the box drops below 1 durability, the box will be deleted and all items will appear where the box was located (in the parent entity).
- Additions to the Custom Order types! You can now customize houses with unique banner artwork, descriptions, and path names. You can also add fully custom rooms attached to your houses or to other rooms. Additionally, players are now able to order custom vanity buffs for their characters and group admins can do so for their members. Check out the customization menu by typing /customize into chat for full details. Also, rewrote the order type descriptions and submission instructions for every custom order type.
Saturday October 22, 2016
- Audio wasn't playing for anyone for the past week, this has been fixed.
Friday October 21, 2016
- Fixed the token exchange page.
Wednesday October 19, 2016
- Added a Strength Requirement to Stone Axes.
- Added weight and strength requirement to Flamberges and fixed a bug where too many were dropping from the mob carrying them.
- Reduced Flamberge durability. Also very small decrease in the probability of higher critical hit multiplier (range unchanged).
Tuesday October 18, 2016
- Axe of Na'Kareth now has increased Block Chance, Damage Reduction as well as increased probability for higher Durability and Base Weapon Damage rolls.
Monday October 17, 2016
- Na'Kareth will now drop two pieces of gear instead of one.
- Adjusted several boss encounter rates. (This includes relatively major buffs to Archmage and Centaur rates.)
- Slightly reduced the Dexterity Penalty of Nomad Bracers.
- Added a Strength Requirement to Flamberge.
Friday October 14, 2016
- Adjusted gem drop rates.
Tuesday October 11, 2016
- Earth Crystals' weight now rolls consistent with the other three elemental crystals.
- Fixed minor issues with Transmutation.
Saturday October 08, 2016
- Fixed an error that caused Black Knights to use the wrong weapon.
Thursday October 06, 2016
- Fixed bug with depositing gold in chests when you have >1 million gold.
Tuesday October 04, 2016
- Due to player feedback, The Fleet has been nerfed. Their luck stat has been set to -1. We will be observing how this affects the meta. /s
Monday October 03, 2016
- Added art for Dragon Hunters and Acolytes.
Saturday October 01, 2016
- Added a pretty major feature that will open up some neat new mechanics and content. I won't spoil the surprise though.
- Added periodic "Are you a robot" checks to help combat against botters!
Thursday September 29, 2016
- Tweaked stats on Malediction, Herald of Pain. Reduced block %, reduced -DR, slightly increased odds of higher damage.
Wednesday September 28, 2016
- Increased the monster regeneration rate for several locations in the Mountain Plains area.
- Tweaked several boss encounter rates (including increased rates for Na'Kareth and Centaurs)
- Slightly reduced the Damage Reduction of Steel Kite Shields.
Tuesday September 27, 2016
- There now exists a "lock and key" mechanism which will allow locations to be locked unless you have the correct key. This is not currently used anywhere yet, but the possibility now exists. It could be used for player houses, quests...etc.
- Fixed the Ignore link on the character popup. Now you can easily ignore people by clicking on their name in chat.
- Premium tokens can now be sold in batch quantities like every other item.
- [Bug fix] When removing store items, they now populate back in your inventory again.
- Added an Unequip All link in the player's inventory.
- Added a Leave Store button at the bottom of store pages.
- Added a command to delete unwanted alts.
- Added a command to "forget" a player house. This will not delete the house but just make the character not see it in his list.
- Alts will now properly discover new houses as soon as houses are bought. (Thanks SPF!)
- Crystal lake, a new area off of Atlas Trail has been added.
Sunday September 25, 2016
- A new enemy has been added to Nubark Mountain.
- Reduced the probability for higher dagger damage rolls.
Saturday September 24, 2016
- Added an Unequip All option when looking at your inventory.
- Buying a house is now a proper Command (should be no change from the player's perspective).
- Increased monster count and spawn rate in Overgrown path and Mystic Temple Ruins
Friday September 23, 2016
- Thief Changes live. Stats down, Armor spawn rates massively up. Small tweaks to gold drops. Difficulty should be pretty close to before. They will overall be slightly harder to kill than before.
- Small buff to the Bloodied Hauberk shirt armor.
Thursday September 22, 2016
- You can now rename player houses that are owned by a player (not group houses yet). Thanks JDyn90!
- Almost all item lists now have major inventory management features. Thanks to SPFiredrake!
- Added a new instance off of the Blood Forest along the Atlas Trail, the Mausoleum of Gol'Shlanek!
Wednesday September 21, 2016
- Fixed a bug with throwaway accounts being unable to engage in combat, every. This has been broken for a long time!?
Tuesday September 20, 2016
- Dagger changes- I've changed daggers to reflect the new state of the game. A few things to note. They still suck. They do however suck signficantly less and can now roll better than small clubs.
- The character switcher list is now alphabetically ordered.
Monday September 19, 2016
- Slightly increased the damage of the Executioner's Axe to better reflect the difficulty of the dungeon from which it's acquired.
Saturday September 17, 2016
- Added a new instance to the Dungeon in Aseridith Fort.
- Slightly reduced the difficulty of Bug-Bears.
Friday September 16, 2016
- Tweaked non-instance boss spawn rates based on current global encounter data to better match intended rates.
- Added desktop notifications when you receive a private message. It only pops up if you are not currently on the initium tab. There are some minor issues with having multiple tabs open though, but livable.
Wednesday September 14, 2016
- Added art to the following enemies: Crocodile, Desert Bandit, Dire Rat, Goblin Archer, Goblin Elite, Goblin Leader, Goblin Scout, Kappa, Lizard King, Lizardfolk Hunter, Lizardfolk Soldier, Sand Mite, Skeletal Commander, Way Wisp, Whispering Sandspiral, Young Green Dragon
Tuesday September 13, 2016
- Increased the duration of the reinforcements timer for several rooms of the Narrow Stairway instance.
Monday September 12, 2016
- Added a Premium Membership Token global exchange for buying and selling premium tokens anywhere, at any time. No need to travel to Aera to find vendors. You can use the /exchange chat command OR you can click the Nearby Stores button and find the orange link at the top to get to the exchange. The exchange takes all of the premium tokens being sold game-wide and orders them by price. (Please note that you have to relist your premium token to show up in the list) If your store goes offline, your tokens will also no longer show up in the exchange; only premium tokens that are listed in an active store will show up in the exchange.
Sunday September 11, 2016
- The army mechanic should be fixed while also not breaking the original combat system. Hopefully.
- The zombie mechanic has been fixed. You now become a zombie properly.
- The active player count has been fixed. Although, it shows the number of characters that were active in the past 5-10 minutes. This is usually about 30-50% higher than the actual player count.
Saturday September 10, 2016
- Slightly increased the encounter rates of the Archmage for several of his spawn locations.
Thursday September 08, 2016
- Small reduction to the probability that Aseridith Soldiers carry Steel Kite Shields.
Wednesday September 07, 2016
- The Heavy Lance damage roll has been reworked in addition to raising the critical hit multiplier.
- Small reduction to the dexterity of Aseridith Knights.
- Slightly reduced the dexterity penalty of Claymores.
- Added the "not enough strength" indicator to items listed in stores.
- [Mechanics change] When moving from place to place, if there is a monster in the place you're attempting to move to, you must kill it (and any others that exist in that location) BEFORE you move to that location. For example: Previously if there was a monster sitting in Aera and you tried to go from Aera Countryside to Aera, you would enter combat with that monster. If you killed it, you would appear in Aera. Now however, as of now, if you kill this monster you will still be in Aera Countryside and you'll need to attempt to travel to Aera again. This change was made because it made more sense with the new "army" mechanic that we've been using recently for events.
- Changed the resistances of Night Crawlers from PEG to GEP.
- Increased the encounter rates of several bosses that were harder than intended to find. Also a slight reduction to the dexterity of Na'Kareth.
- Significantly reduced the intelligence and dexterity of the Aseridith Marksman.
Tuesday September 06, 2016
- Increased the likelihood of Lunar Magistrates carrying certain basic gear (Final Favor unchanged).
- Items on the ground will now show the strength requirement warning indicator if you are not strong enough to use them.
- Ajaxified the enable/disable store button on the button bar.
- Fixed the zombie mechanic. Now when you die to a zombie, you skip unconscious and you are ZOMBIFIED. Your character will fight as an NPC with all your gear equipped. However, if you had no weapon, your zombie self will attack using his zombieness (bare hands) and a death from this form of attack will create a new zombie!
- Added an "Ignore" and "View Store" link on the character popup.
- Added a new event mechanic to the game. This should be fun.
- A new boss has taken residence at the end of the Narrow Stairway instance.
- Increased the difficulty of the Shadow Vanguard and Cloaked Master enemies.
- Added the Giant Kite Shield as a possible drop from Bug-Bears.
Sunday September 04, 2016
- The re-discovery of group houses does appear to be fixed, however if a non-premium character dies, he still has to manually re-discover his group houses just like he does his own houses. Group house links are available to be copied just like regular houses for this purpose.
Thursday September 01, 2016
- Aera's Engineer Corp has just completed a trail that runs from Artius Lane to the Cinder Mountain Range, far in the east, hoping to provide additional trade routes between Aera and Spargus.
- Fixed autolooting in the entrances to instances/defence structures/territories.
Wednesday August 31, 2016
- The reinforcement timer for the Fort Black Throne Room has been adjusted to maintain a suitable interval between Throne Room and Panic Room timers.
- The "Customize Item Name" customization option now includes custom flavor text as well - cost is unchanged. Type /customize into chat for details.
Tuesday August 30, 2016
- The Forest Ent enemy now has artwork.
Monday August 29, 2016
- I have added the ability to disable welcome messages. They are currently disabled for the influx.
- Cossack Daggers can now roll a critical multiplier other than 1.5x.
- Slightly increased Desert Saber durability.
- Increased the Damage Reduction of Hardened Nomad Garbs. Also slightly increased their Durability.
- Increased the hitpoints of Orc Captains
- Increased the probability for higher Warhammer damage rolls. Also very slightly reduced Warhammer durability.
Friday August 26, 2016
- Implemented snow and sandstorm weather effects for snowy and deserty locations respectively. In other words, if it is raining in one part of the world, the snowy and desert locations will have snowfall and sandstorm effects over the banner.
- Introduced a new enemy, the Wilderness Vagabond, as a rare spawn in some of the areas north of Spargus.
- The app should be fixed!
- Slightly increased the difficulty of Acolytes.
- Reduced the difficulty of all (non-boss) Aseridith enemies by a relatively significant amount.
- Baron Cricketon's Lair and Frozen Cavern locations will now display their monster activity. Previously this was not shown.
Thursday August 25, 2016
- Added artwork to the following enemies and locations: Wildwood Guardian, Drake, Black Knight, The Black King, Panic Room, Enchanted Forest, Forest Clearing, Forest trail (1 and 2), Eerie Glade.
- Fixed an issue where intelligence buffs were not modifying the crit chance on weapons visibly (though they were still working internally).
- Baron Cricketon is no longer a timed, single-location spawn boss and has now been moved over to the new roaming system.
Wednesday August 24, 2016
- Had a bit of a partial outage today when the SSL certificate expired. That has been fixed for another year.
- Changed the way item quality is calculated. Weapons now use max damage as the primary measure (which includes critical chance and damage).
- The formula for determining item quality has been changed: Durability is no longer included in the calculation!
- Minor text fixes.
- Slightly adjusted the durability roll curve of Mithril of the Black King.
Tuesday August 23, 2016
- Made tweaks to the Spriggan monster and its gear.
- Added cloaking. Now you can hide your stats and equipment from other players. This can be used strategically in PvP contexts.
- Slightly increased the spawn rates of several bosses.
- Adjusted the Dexterity Penalty and Block Chance of Dragon Hide Vambraces.
- Improved the damage and block chance of the Composite Longbow.
Monday August 22, 2016
- Increased the probability for Orc Double Axes to roll higher base damage.
- Buffed all stats of the Lich Chestpiece.
Friday August 19, 2016
- A summary of the balancing project changes can be found HERE.
- The damage resistances for Padded Platemail have been returned to E/A/A.
- Aseridith Commander no longer carries a shield. His Strength and Dexterity have also been slightly decreased and his hitpoints have been increased.
Thursday August 18, 2016
- Fully rebalanced every Chest and Legs item in the game. This is the final part of a global balancing effort that has covered all other armor equipment as well. This includes resistance levels (modifications and the addition of Good/Poor resistances) and also stat rolls.
- Included with this change are several related changes:
- The equipment carried by many armored monsters has been redistributed. This includes changes to what gear is used by many of the enemies throughout the world of Initium. Some of the more obscure armor pieces can now be found on more enemies.
- Higher quality armor pieces like the Full-Plate are now only used by stronger enemies.
- Black Guard Captains can now be encountered slightly more often.
- Several other enemies have been made stronger to varying degrees as well, including Orc Captains, Lunar Magistrates, Frost Giants, and Lich Summoners.
- Began changes to some things to prepare for Chest & Legs rebalance. A full changelog entry will come when it is fully finished.
Wednesday August 17, 2016
- Adjusted the dexterity penalty of Tower Shields.
- Increased the chance of Claymore damage rolling 2d but slightly decreased the minimum dice side roll. Overall, this is a respectable buff.
- Very small reduction to the probability of higher Flatbow damage rolls.
Tuesday August 16, 2016
- There was a bug with the new command system that would allow malicious false links to be posted in global chat. This was fixed months ago but the new command system was lacking this fix. This allowed some people "steal" items from a store by issuing a 100% discount through a malicious links. This has been fixed.
Sunday August 14, 2016
- Fixed a bug when trading with one of your alts. Any time the screen was refreshing it was cancelling the trade. Should be good now.
- Fixed visual bug with groups still having a double background at the top of the screen on mobiles only.
- Fixed the store buying bug.
Saturday August 13, 2016
- Some player stores were not coming up. Should be fixed.
- Territories have officially been added to the game. This system will be described in more detail in the documentation in the next week or so. In the meantime it is being used as the first PCA player controlled area. Essentially PCA has been renamed to territories. Territories have almost all the code required for full worldwide PVP but we will be implementing worldwide PVP until it has been thoroughly tested. Even when we do Implement worldwide PVP there will be areas of the game pretty much all the existing areas that will remain not PVP. We will be releasing new extensions that will be entirely PVP.
- You can no longer enter an owned property while in a party. This will prevent people from getting robbed.
- The trade page is now fully Ajax enabled. There are probably going to be a few hopefully minor issues to resolve over the next couple days but the trade itself should work well enough
- The group page is now fully Ajax enabled.
Friday August 12, 2016
- Slightly lowered the critical chance of Arming Swords.
Thursday August 11, 2016
- Slightly increased the Block Percentage and Damage Reduction of the Granite Fist.
Wednesday August 10, 2016
- The Archmage is no longer a timed, single-location spawn and can now be found as a random encounter in certain parts of his tower.
- Na'Kareth is no longer a timed, single-location spawn and can now be found as a random encounter throughout nearby areas.
- Very small increase to the intelligence of the Angel of Death.
- Adjusted Angel of Death and other monsters' encounter rates in the lower crypt area. Also added monster spawns to the Large Crypt Room.
Sunday August 07, 2016
- Corrected a bug that was causing encounter rates for the Angel of Death to be lower than intended.
Saturday August 06, 2016
- Drop rate for Stone Shields has been increased.
- Fully rebalanced every Shield in the game. This is a part of a global balancing effort that will eventually cover all other equipment slots as well. This includes resistance levels (modifications and the addition of Good/Poor resistances) and also stat rolls.
Thursday August 04, 2016
- Dragon Hunters are no longer in the Smoldering Mountain Core
- Slightly reduced the mob density at the Mountain Plains. Also reduced the maximum number of camps allowed.
Wednesday August 03, 2016
- Increased the difficulty of Alchemists.
Tuesday August 02, 2016
- Protector's Sword Durability and Critical Chance have been slightly increased as well as the chance to roll 3x Critical Multiplier. Protector Intelligence has been slightly decreased. Block Chance of the droppable Protector's Sword has also been slightly increased to match the natural version.
Monday August 01, 2016
- Reduced the difficulty of Bulettes.
Sunday July 31, 2016
- Added a strength requirement to the Granite Fist item.
Saturday July 30, 2016
- Fire Elementals no longer drop gold.
Friday July 29, 2016
- Dragon Hunters will now equip the set of Scale Mail that they drop.
Thursday July 28, 2016
- Tweaked boss spawn rates.
Wednesday July 27, 2016
- A powerful new raid boss - Mount Leirscors - has appeared and threatens to destroy the world of Initium.
Monday July 25, 2016
- Lowered the HP of the Aseridith Commander.
Sunday July 24, 2016
- Improved the quality of the Aseridith Commander's drops by a respectable margin. Also slightly increased his encounter rates.
Saturday July 23, 2016
- Slight changes to the Deadly Vine mob.
Thursday July 21, 2016
- Added a couple hours to the Desert Prince instance timer to avoid being too close to a 24-hour multiple.
Wednesday July 20, 2016
- Increased the critical hit multiplier and base damage of Blacksmith Hammers.
- Clicking the share button on an item no longer rolls the screen up to the top of the page.
- Further tweaked roaming boss encounter rates.
Tuesday July 19, 2016
- Fully rebalanced every Shirt item in the game. This is a part of a global balancing effort that will eventually cover all other equipment slots as well. This includes resistance levels (modifications and the addition of Good/Poor resistances) and also stat rolls.
- Slightly reduced Stiletto durability and widened its durability range.
Sunday July 17, 2016
- Continued to tweak the encounter rate of some bosses.
Saturday July 16, 2016
- Cemetary Grounskeepers now spawn in some crypt areas..... with the Angel of Death.
Friday July 15, 2016
- Slightly increased the damage dealt by Bulettes and the Giant Mutant Eel.
- Increased the rate at which Dragon Hunters can be found in the Smoldering Mountain area.
- Slightly increased the number of monsters that can be found in the Smoldering Mountain area.
Thursday July 14, 2016
- Fixed the instance bug.
- The Dragon Lord is no longer a timed, single-location spawn and can now be found as a random encounter throughout nearby areas.
- The Protector of The Mountains can now be found as a random encounter, roaming throughout its domain. As a result, it will take longer to return to its shrine after being defeated.
- The Protector of The Swamps can now be found as a random encounter, roaming throughout its domain. As a result, it will take longer to return to its shrine after being defeated.
- The Protector of The River can now be found as a random encounter, roaming throughout its domain. As a result, it will take longer to return to its shrine after being defeated.
Wednesday July 13, 2016
- Added the red strength indicator to the regular inventory list.
Tuesday July 12, 2016
- The Protector of The Plains can now be found as a random encounter, roaming throughout its domain. As a result, it will take longer to return to its shrine after being defeated.
- The Protector of The Jungle can now be found as a random encounter, roaming throughout its domain. As a result, it will take longer to return to its shrine after being defeated.
- The Protector of The Dunes can now be found as a random encounter, roaming throughout its domain. As a result, it will take longer to return to its shrine after being defeated.
- Fixed blank rank/titles showing up as null in the character popup.
- Further dimmed the red block background that appears when browsing a store and items require more strength than you have.
- Tweaked the new large avatar to layout better in most cases.
Monday July 11, 2016
- The log's highlighting style has now changed.
- Made the character popup avatar much bigger (thanks Vocandin!). (Still need to move the rank and group name into that blank space below the name though.)
- Protectors' shrines are now instanced locations with public timers.
Sunday July 10, 2016
- Tweaked Bulette spawn rates and fixed an error that made it nearly impossible to find.
- Bella: Updating some descriptions and icons for epics. Doing some other desc updates as well. These will be going live over the course of the weekend.
- The red bar for items that are too heavy for you is now not as strong of a color (slightly).
Saturday July 09, 2016
- The Aseridith Commander is no longer a timed, single-location spawn. He is now found as a random encounter in several nearby locations.
- The "Gauntlets" gloves item has been renamed to "Steel Gauntlets"
- Fully rebalanced every Gloves item in the game. This is a part of a global balancing effort that will eventually cover all other equipment slots as well. This includes resistance levels (modifications and the addition of Good/Poor resistances) and also stat rolls.
- The Aseridith Marksman is no longer a timed, single-location spawn. He is now found as a random encounter in several locations, protecting Aseridith Fort.
- The Enormous Crab has been renamed to Colossal Crustacean and is no longer a timed, single-location spawn. It is now found as a random encounter in nearby areas.
- The Orc Shaman is no longer a timed, single-location spawn. It is now found as a random encounter in nearby areas. Additionally, the potential encounters in these areas have been reworked to include a wider variety, and higher amount of monsters.
- You can now customize the coloring of your store description for donation credit. In chat, type /customize to bring up the customize dialog and this option will appear at the bottom. More details on this can be found there.
- Slightly increased the difficulty of the Giant Mutant Eel.
- Tweaked Giant Mutant Eel and other Winding River monster spawn rates to accomadate weather / time of day effects. Fixed an error that made it nearly impossible to find in some areas.
Friday July 08, 2016
- Added a feature that shows you when an item you're buying has a higher strength requirement than your character has. Please note that it takes the strength value that INCLUDES all buffs and adjustments.
- Deployed new ajaxified store buying page.
Thursday July 07, 2016
- Troll Cave instance has been re-worked to get progressively more difficult the deeper you go. The first few rooms are much easier. The Troll Smith also now has gear equipped and the path from Troll Keep Smithy to Troll Keep is now one-way.
- Increased the encounter rate of Aseridith Guard Captains.
- Slightly lowered the Strength and Dexterity of the Aseridith Commander.
- Small reduction to the Strength Requirement of Masterwork Leather Armor and Cloak.
- Increased the block chance of Plated Leggings.
Wednesday July 06, 2016
- Lizard King encounter rates were changed to be lower than intended and have now been increased.
Tuesday July 05, 2016
- Slightly increased the probability for Warhammers to roll higher damage.
Monday July 04, 2016
- In some rare cases, monsters wouldn't spawn properly and this was causing partially created monsters that would give players a 500 error when they try to view the game with their characters. I patched it so it at least wouldn't break the game for these people anymore.
- Rain will now occur less frequently.
Sunday July 03, 2016
- The Stone Golem is no longer a timed, single-location spawn. It is now found as a random encounter in nearby areas.
- The Lizard King is no longer a timed, single-location spawn. It is now found as a random encounter throughout the Lizardfolk region.
- The Yeti is no longer a timed, single-location spawn. It is now found as a random encounter in Frozen Cavern or Grand Mountain Summit.
Saturday July 02, 2016
- Fixed bug with the new store system that allowed you to use html in your store name.
Friday July 01, 2016
- Angel of Death is no longer a single location spawn. It can be found anywhere in the inner crypt.
- Added new legs armor to a couple Aseridith troops
- Quarterstaff damage and durability has been reduced.
- Fully rebalanced every Boots item in the game. This is a part of a global balancing effort that will eventually cover all other equipment slots as well. This includes resistance levels (modifications and the addition of Good/Poor resistances) and also stat rolls.
- Mobs are now able to react differently to rain/clear-skies/day/night depending on the mob's settings. The default settings try to emulate the way mobs were reacting to it before, but it's not going to be exactly the same.
Thursday June 30, 2016
- Addressed a bug causing Final Favor to spawn at a higher rate than intended.
- Slightly increased the quality of the Aseridith Commander's drops.
- Bastard Swords have been buffed to roll higher more often
- Davos has overhauled the storefront and made it completely ajaxified! THANKS DAVOS!
Wednesday June 29, 2016
- Slightly reduced the spawn rate of Aseridith Guard Captains and raised hp by a small amount. Also slightly reduced the block chance of Claymores.
- Slightly reduced the dexterity of Aseridith Guard Captains.
- An error has been fixed in which cemetary Zombies were unable to strike critical hits. Their attack damage has also been increased.
Tuesday June 28, 2016
- Added rings and neck equipment. So far these simply function like your left/right hand equipment with separate rolls for blocking that occur before the body is hit.
Saturday June 25, 2016
- Some minor tweaks to Naka's helm rolls to followup with the overall rework
Friday June 24, 2016
- Fully rebalanced every helmet in the game. This is a part of a global balancing effort that will eventually cover all other equipment slots as well. This includes resistance levels (modifications and the addition of Good/Poor resistances) and also stat rolls.
Thursday June 23, 2016
- Giant Mutant Eel has been re-enabled. It was hitting multiple times when it should only have been striking once. This has now been resolved.
- Added a new area off the coast of Volantis - The Aseridith Island Fort.
Wednesday June 22, 2016
- Small tweaks to many of the items released with the June 21 mini-expansion.
Monday June 20, 2016
- Desert Prince has received nerfs to both Int and Strength as the Dual Wield changes have made it significantly stronger.
Saturday June 18, 2016
- Added a few Nomad Swordsmen to the final location of the nomad instance spawn.
Friday June 17, 2016
- Added Poor and Good block capabilities. The block capabilities are as follows: None = 0, Minimal = 0.5, Poor = 0.75, Average = 1, Good = 1.5, Excellent = 2
Thursday June 16, 2016
- Dual wielding weapons will now give you a random extra attack once in a while. If you have 2 weapons and you attack with the weapon in your LEFT hand, the weapon in you RIGHT hand will randomly attack along side your left hand based on it's crit chance (+ the usual intelligence bonus to crit). When you score this special double attack, you will see it written in the combat text. This second attack functions exactly like a regular attack (subject to it's own strength damage rolls and even it's own crit chance). Monsters will also use this new feature.
Wednesday June 15, 2016
- Fixed a bug where paths that no longer exist were erroring out instead of saying "this path no longer exists" when you try to take them.
- Added a /guide chat command which takes you to the player-created starter guide.
Tuesday June 14, 2016
- Dir'Thelien has returned from a vigorous training camp. He is now stronger, faster, and smarter than ever before.
Monday June 13, 2016
- Reduced strength requirement on Tattered Robes
- Orc Captains' weapon spawn rates were affected by a recent bugfix. Weapon spawn rates have been increased to accomodate the fix. Orc Captains' stats have also been slightly increased.
Sunday June 12, 2016
- New epic added yesterday
Saturday June 11, 2016
- Reduced Bulette spawn chance and adjusted some of its item stats.
Wednesday June 08, 2016
- Fixed the path to the Underdark.
Tuesday June 07, 2016
- Nerfed stats of Hobgoblin Warmonger.
- Boot gear items' Damage Reduction rolls have been rebalanced. They are now much more in-line with other armor pieces
Saturday May 28, 2016
- Reworked critical multiplier and critical chance for Desert PIke to be slightly more generous.
- Small buffs to Damage Reduction and Durability for Ancient Spell Book
- Slight increases to minimum block chance for several Na'Kareth armor peices.
Friday May 27, 2016
- Fixed a small error in the weapon average damage calculation.
- When your character is killed while in a party, that character will be ejected from the party.
- New optional tutorial intro for freshly created characters
- Fixed a bug with throwaways always failing to load recently.
- Added a "Make Leader" link so the party leader can choose to assign leader to someone else.
- Added an Attack link to monsters when you are in the same room as them. This can be used to try to attack the Troll King if he was occupied fighting someone else when you arrived, you can keep trying in hopes the other guy will run away.
Monday May 23, 2016
- Fixed a small issue with Lizard King Strength req rolls being much lower than intended
- Lizard King and Baron Cricketon Phantom hit bug has been fixed. As this bug was related to the minimum HP value for the mobs, that value has now been increased (along with the max). As a result these two bosses will now roll slightly tougher than before. It's POSSIBLE this affects other mobs. Please let a Dev know if that is the case. Many thanks to Vocandin for noticing this and bugging us about a fix as it's doubtful we would have caught it otherwise.
- More ddos protection tweaks. It should now be rare that a user trips up the ddos protection, however it is possible. It is especially likely if you're dumping things from your inventory 1 item at a time.
Sunday May 22, 2016
- Slight increase to the minimum block chance for Na'Kareth's Chest Plate.
- Added some ddos protection to help with the lag.
Saturday May 21, 2016
- Improved Elven Grove's communication mechanic with one-way paths.
Friday May 20, 2016
- Buffed the Desert Prince and his gear slightly.
- Fixed a problem that allowed people to click a fake url that sets their stores to 100% discounted.
Thursday May 19, 2016
- Increased durability for Plated Nomad Garb. Also raised minimum block chance and buffed dex penalty.
- Reduced the length of time between reinforcement timers for the final two locations of the Black King and Desert Prince instances.
- Made significant changes to the damage and crititcal multiplier roll probabilities for Desert Pike. It should be much more likely to roll higher now.
- The custom item system is LIVE and ready to go. Customize your items by clicking on the Customize link on an item's popup. The item must be in your inventory. Then choose which customization you would like and click "Order now!" then follow the prompts. That's all!
Wednesday May 18, 2016
- The Mithril Shirts that are dropped by mobs other than the Drow have been renamed to Mithril Alloy Shirts (stats not changed). Mithril Shirts dropped by the Drow now roll slightly higher durability.
Tuesday May 17, 2016
- Small changes to Protector's Sword. Crit chance slightly up. All Protector's int slightly down (crit chance will be roughly the same). Fixed a bug where Protector of the Plains was far far smarter than intended.
- Large Reduction to Cloth Robe Strength Req
- Crusader-Received a s buff to DR similar to what Full-Plate of the Black King received
Monday May 16, 2016
- Lizard Fists and Lizard Helm have received changes. We'll be keeping an eye on these in the following days to evaluate whether or not they need any additional tweaks.
- Lizardking is now Lizard King because it was bothering me
- Minor reduction (1) to Shuriken and Drow Dart Durability
- Nomad Bracers have been changed to M/A/E from E/A/A to better reflect the armor archetype. Slight reduction to str req as well
- Steel Greaves and Fleetfoot Shoes changed to E/A/A as Desert Greaves were already A/A/E
- Customized items will now be green instead of red.
- Added a /customize chat command.
- Improved the customize item order page a bit.
- Very small followup tweak to greaves.
- Your "available donation credit" as seen in your profile has now been updated to subtract the cost of the premium account. When you donate, the first 5 dollars most always go towards buying premium. Any amount you have donated above that will be available to be used for item customization or trading with other players.
- Plated Greaves have been removed from the game. Steel Greaves and Armored Boots are now wielded by the mobs which formerly used it.
Sunday May 15, 2016
- Bugfix: Protector legs were rolling incorrectly (the drop). Protector chest (the protector only version) was also rolling incorrectly. Both have now been fixed to the correct rolls.
- FIxed an issue where you always needed 5 dollars donation credit in your account.
Thursday May 12, 2016
- Possibly fixed the bug where bosses become locked in combat, unable to be attacked by anyone until they were reset by a dev.
Wednesday May 11, 2016
- Fixed password reset!
- Probably fixed the "phantom hits" bug when fighting certain bosses.
Monday May 09, 2016
- Added "full set" bulk deals for each customization option.
- Added a customize link on the popup for items that are in your inventory. This takes you to a page that gives you options to customize an item for donation credit.
Sunday May 08, 2016
- Small reduction in strength requirement for Leather Armor and Cloak.
- "Active Referral URLs" are now sorted alphabetically, I cleaned them up somewhat for the more popular ones (like Reddit), and I added a 'visited' color so you can keep track of the urls you've already seen.
Saturday May 07, 2016
- Added a link to the bottom of the chat box called "Active Referral URLs" which shows you where all the new players are coming from. It doesn't yet show you how busy a particular url is, but I'll probably add that too at some point.
- Fixed a bug with some signups having a server error when they sign up (not all were affected). Referral signup counts were affected in some cases.
- In some cases, you can now see where signups come from.
- The profile view now has a red message if your email is not verified.
- Fixed the "signup date" display in the profile view.
- You can now change your email from the profile view.
- You can now signup for the "updates" email from the verification email.
- The verification email has been fixed.
Friday May 06, 2016
- Significantly decreased the strength requirement for the Gungnir epic.
- Increased the stats of Royal Bodyguards and increased the minimum damage roll of Desert Pike slightly.
- Dropped the maximum durability of Shurikens by 1 because you all are babies.
- Adjusted the probability on dex rolls for Dragon Blood Greatsword (Max and min rolls are unchanged)
- Updated Gungnirs so that they take up space.
- Significantly decreased the strength requirement for the Gungnir epic.
Thursday May 05, 2016
- Made slight changes to the Desert Assassin and its drops (including increased damage reduction for Shrouded Garments and Cloaked Headwrap).
- You will now receive 20% of all the donations your referrals donate, in the form of donation credit. You can use this credit just like if you had donated the money yourself.
Wednesday May 04, 2016
- You can now view everyone's referral stats publicly right from the character popup.
- You now have your own referral link when you click your name on the banner. SHARE THIS LINK instead of linking directly to playinitium.com so you can track view/signup/doation statistics of your referral link! Cool!
- Added a mob to the Red Cliffs location.
Tuesday May 03, 2016
- Gear on Na'Kareth boss will now not go above 9 for the strength requirement.
- Made changes to the entire Na'Kareth set. Pieces are now more consistent with each other and more balanced in terms of their difficulty to acquire.
Monday May 02, 2016
- Fire Elementals have art now
Sunday May 01, 2016
- Added third location to Desert Prince instance on a shorter timer similar to Fort Black. Also added one-way escape route from Lavish Pavilion out of the instance.
Saturday April 30, 2016
- Black Dragonling, Bronze Dragon and Black Dragon health have been slightly decreased.
Friday April 29, 2016
- You can now get drunk in Aera Inn.
Thursday April 28, 2016
- Buffed Lich Summoner significant and slightly lowered its encounter rate. Drops are unchanged.
- Added an Escape Hatch to Shrine of Na'kareth location.
- Adjusted encounter rates in Papa Land to be slightly more forgiving.
- Added dexterity penalty to many items which previously had none.
- Added Strength Req to a large number of items which were lacking it. Some notable examples include Rapiers and Leather Armor and Cloak.
- Hobgoblin Warmongers now drop Masterwork armor (name change to clarify that it's different from normal armor)
- Poison Stinger Nerfs: Massively lowered dura and 2d chance. The Scorpion has been buffed to accomodate the loss of damage.
- Energy Blade Tweaks: Lowered average damage and crit chance. Weapon was also lacking dex pen. That has now been resolved
- Some additional tweaks to the Archmage's Robes and the Ornate Robes.
- Updated the player popup window. You can now see the player's equipment layout.
Wednesday April 27, 2016
- Dryad Staff has been slightly buffed back
- Fix: You will now be able to escape Strange Rock Formation without being ambushed 20 odd times
- Minor buff to Double Headed Spear
- Minor Buff to Full-plate of the Black King
Monday April 25, 2016
- Fixed the issue where an increase in max-hitpoints was previously not also increasing your hitpoints. This was causing issues with the Pumped! buff to stop being awarded when you "leveled up".
- Slightly increased the liklihood for higher damage rolls on the Assassin's Blades
- Very slightly nerfed the desert prince's flail. (Maximum roll remains unchanged)
Sunday April 24, 2016
- Adjusted spawn numbers for the desert prince instance. Tweaked gear stat rolls of nomad swordsmen & royal bodyguards to accommodate spawn changes.
Saturday April 23, 2016
- Nerfed the Dryad Staff.
- Protector Buffs. Protectors will now roll better armor
- Definitely not the expansion release
Thursday April 21, 2016
- Added the ability to rename storage items (chests). You must have the chest in your inventory and then click on it to pull up the inspection popup. A rename link should appear in the top left.
Wednesday April 20, 2016
- Monster banner images now display properly in instances.
- Fixed the button overlap issue.
- You should now be able to delete and rename your character again.
- External banner images should now be possible again.
- Some security fixes.
Tuesday April 19, 2016
- Fixed bug when moving items.
Monday April 18, 2016
- Fixed bug with stacked popup windows.
Saturday April 16, 2016
- Updated the embedded map view to work over SSL. It is now part of the game, no more external reference.
Friday April 15, 2016
- Protectors now drop the piece of equipment that they had equipped instead of a separate, unused piece. Durability rolls have been adjusted appropriately.
Thursday April 14, 2016
- Art fixes for more affected areas
- Kitty has given us some icon upgrades for certain icons. More to come!
- Fixed a bug with things breaking when you tried to move items from one place to another. In fact, there was a lot of issues surrounding popup page reloads. Should be fixed now.
- Fixed a bug with the datastore caching in the backend which MIGHT have made some bugs around deleting things but them not really being deleted (rare if anything).
- Added an embedded map view. It still needs a lot of work and it ONLY works if you're not using a secure connection. Use http://www.playinitium.com/main.jsp to see it work. Will need to come at this from another angle!
Wednesday April 13, 2016
- Fixed the grey screen issue with Crypts and Angel of Death
Tuesday April 12, 2016
- Added a world map button to the top bar. Map hasn't been added yet though.
Monday April 11, 2016
- Fixed the delete character button.
Saturday April 09, 2016
- Buffed the space on Large Chest and modified some of it's other fields as well.
Thursday April 07, 2016
- The profile page has been updated to remove some of the clutter.
- The profile page is now a popup and doesn't require a separate pageload.
- Fixed a bug with certain shields causing a server error when you attack with bare hands.
- Swapped the left/right hand buttons so that the first weapon you equip will be number 1 shortcut key (and displayed at the top in the combat screen).
- Major internal refactoring to allow open source developers to contribute to backend code. We're part way there! It is currently possible for contributions to take place now.
Tuesday April 05, 2016
- Fixed a bug where monsters in instances would defend in a different order than those in defence structures. This made it so you could attack the Black King before killing all of his knights first.
- Protector's Bracers artwork no longer shows double. Final Favor art also modified.
Monday April 04, 2016
- Minor Scale Mail/Leg Tweaks
Saturday April 02, 2016
- Formatted the space and weight fields better.
- Removed the "null" from the item popup of certain items.
- Added storage space and storage weight to item popups.
Friday April 01, 2016
- Throwaway characters were unable to inspect other characters, the popup would just say 'Unable to load contents'. This has been fixed.
- Fixed the broken "muted" button on page reload.
Wednesday March 30, 2016
- Added audio to every outdoors location in the game (thanks Trydian).
- Added a handy mute/unmute button in the top right corner.
Sunday March 27, 2016
- Fixed an exploit where at least one player discovered a way to skip monsters in instances.
Saturday March 26, 2016
- New Epic released
- Minor buffs to the Elven Bow
- Descriptions have been added to all Protector Shrines
- Scale Mail/Scale Leggings received minor tweaks
- Minor changes to Lunar Guards (better chance of rolling armor and more varieties of them)
- Added audio to almost every location.
Thursday March 24, 2016
- Enabled the weather sound effects for ALL locations that are "outside" (not just Aera).
- Thunder was not being turned off when sound effects were disabled, scarring players for life.
Wednesday March 23, 2016
- Safari now works with the sound effects.
- The banner wasn't changing properly with the weather/night/day, it would freeze or change very suddenly. This has been fixed.
- You can now mute and change the master volume on the environment sound effects.
- Environment sound effects are now working. Desktop chrome definitely works well. Firefox seems to have trouble (only works the first time then stops working).
Tuesday March 22, 2016
- Added a workaround for the "no paths found in combat site" bug. It will now create a path for you if one is not there.
- When you are logged out, certain actions (like opening chests) no longer break the game window. It now simply asks that you log in first.
- If the chat window is fullscreen when a page popup occurs, it will now exit full screen before displaying the page popup.
Friday March 18, 2016
- Game settings are live and working for the most part. Some settings still need to be implemented (like the audio related ones).
- Added the UI for the Game Settings section. This saves your game settings to your local browser so you can have different settings for different devices. However at this point, none of the settings do anything yet.
- The new Item Transfer page wasn't updating the item's "moved timestamp" when items were moved (this meant items weren't going to be on-top-of-the-pile when moved to a location). This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug with null item types making trading impossible. Null item types now get categorized under the "blank" category for all item lists.
- Fixed the "Drop All" link on the inventory page. It now works properly with the new page popup system.
- Dead NPCs now have "Dead " prefixed to their name once again.
- Changed the nickname colors from green back to red. It is no longer St. Patrick's Day.
- You can now share the change log in chat just like every other chat / option.
- You can no longer see equipped items in the "Item Transfer" screen.
Thursday March 17, 2016
- Added the /changelog command to pull up the change log from the chat.
- Added the change log feature!
- Swapped the inventory screen pages back to the way they were before the change.
March 14th, 2016
- New raid boss! - A huge troll appeared in the Swamlands.
- New epic added - Hailstorm was seen being wielded by frost giants.
- Shop UI improved once more - now it doesn't load shops in new pages.
- Slight change to some equipment stats.
- Baron Cricketon aera is now a defence structure, in order to enter his lair you have to slay a Giant Mantis, which respawns every 15 minutes.
- Troll Cave is changed so now players won't be able to camp his room without doing the whole instance.
- Quickstart page now has a chat.
- Unconscious people no longer forget house paths.
- Group houses now can no longer be accessed by non-group members.
March 1st, 2016
- Corpses can now be revived! - When your character's hitpoints fall below 1 hp, each point lost after that equals to a percentage of going from unconscious to dead on each server tick (10 minutes), while still not dead, your corpse can be picked up like an item, and when dropped at a rest spot will revive. Corpses are heavy and the stronger they are, the heavier they will be!.
- First major instance added - Troll King instance added, a cave-like maze full of trolls!
- You can now gift Premium to other people! It's now an option in the profile page.
- You can now turn Premium Membership into an in-game item.
- Most equipment now have Dexterity Penalty and Strength Requirement stats.
- Multiple character support added to Premium Members - This allow for several characters on a single account, and easy way to switch between them.
- More Epic Items added!
- You can now give your house to your group. This is a permanent action that cannot be reversed. All group members will instantly and always have access to the group house.
- New Boss! - Try your luck with the deadly Angel of Death!
- One way paths added, such as sneak out option in panic room and troll king quarters.
- More /commands added! - /app which links to the available app versions of the game, /map which links to the player made map.
- Buffs! - Buffs mechanics added, with a couple ones already implemented!
- Orcs are attacking Volantis! - Join this one time quest and repel orcs from the city.
- 2 Handed Strength bonus is now applied AFTER the 3 point minimum, decreasing the maximum STR damage bonus by 6.
- Private messaging has had major improvements to usability.
- Shop UI improved with a cleaner look.
- Popup UI improved.
- Creating a campsite now remembers the name you typed, no more retyping on each try!
- Monsters will prefer equipping the weapon with highest damage.
- Stats now goes above the old 9/8/8 cap, each character has a bonus of up to +2 for each stat which is random.
- When in combat, monsters now have a profile picture so you can see their equipment thumbnail and HP same way as your character.
- HP font changed to facilitate reading.
- Multispawning bosses is now fixed, only one boss can appear at a time, as intended.
December 18th, 2015
- Instances - Monsters now spawn in groups in certain "instance" locations. Instances are somewhat similar to WoW with the exception that there is only 1 at any given moment and it is always accessible to the entire server. Instances are essentially entire areas (can be multiple locations chained together) that have mobs pre-spawned inside of them (no combat sites). Instances work together with the Defence Structure mechanic so that monsters can defend and control territory too. When an instance respawn occurs, all existing players are kicked out of the zone.
- (Optional) Premium accounts now you can donate using paypal to help keep our servers alive! The money will also be used to pay for art packs among other things. Those who donate at least 5 USD will automatically (and forever) become a premium member. Premium members currently enjoy 2 things: 1) When your character dies, he remembers his house! 2) You get a fancy red coloring to your name in chat. There are more benefits to premium accounts coming down the road. See your profile page for details.
- New "Epic" drops Some items are now considered "Epic" drops. These items are colored purple and this item tier is reserved for the "ultra rare".
- Google signin Now it's even easier to signup using the "Sign in with Google" button. Facebook and twitter coming soon!
- Cleaned up the transition animations and look-and-feel No more silly popups, things feel a LOT better now.
- Social page links now on front page
- Hitpoint regen time now depends on how many hitpoints you're healing.
- 2 Handed weapons now have an additional 50% damage bonus from strength
November 20th, 2015
- Real time updates!! Now the trade window, party actions, and defenders will have their screen refreshed automatically when things happen. There is still a lot more than will be done with this (like not using actual page refreshes but live content updates) but it's waaay better than it was.
- PvP and Territory Control!! It is still in testing right now, but it seems the code is just about perfect. Join us in combat at the Stone Tower!
- New help updates, buttons, and popups Ive added a a bunch of new "?" buttons and made certain things clickable for help popups. This is especially true for the new Defence Structure (stone tower) stuff.
- The android app has been updated It has been updated but is still in testing. Feel free to play with it! You can also play with the windows app. You'll find them here:
- Set group descriptions You can now set your group descriptions!
- Hit points cap is now 40 It was always supposed to be 40, now it is.
- Groups can now be left immediately I'm doing away with the 3 day wait to leave a group because groups are likely not going to be used in PvP directly anymore. Groups will just be an organizational tool for the most part.
- What bugs?
What is coming up next...
October 15th, 2015
- The Reset Password feature now works!
- Lots of new mini bosses! This is to help widen Initium's end-game while we work on what Initium will really become for end-game (PVP, Inventions, Territory, Building..etc).
- The combat screen now has a chat window.
- Party system is released! You can now party with up to 3 other people, fight together, and move together. Seems to be working well.
- You can now inspect a character's equipment without jumping to a different screen. The "Inspect" link has been removed entirely (much much cleaner).
- Many item-related actions in the game are now "ajaxified" which allows you to not reload the page every time you click "drop item" or "collect".
- Added an open/close storefront button right to the main page.
- You now see the Quick Start guide when you create a new character.
- The android mobile app is ready for basic testing! You can get the pre-release version of it here:http://www.playinitium.com/android.apk
- Weather now shows on the banner during combat.
- Your "character widget" (an overlay over the banner) makes it a bit more MMORPG'Y. I plan on adding the same widget to the combat screen to track enemy health as well. Specifically, now you can see yourself as a collection of your equipment, a sort of "avatar" if you will.
- Changed the old "go to merchant store" link and "enable party joins" links into buttons while also adding a few more convenient buttons to the button bar. You now see the death screen every time and your character won't respawn until you hit the button on the death screen.
- The Quick Start guide is MUCH better now!
- Massive restructuring of the CSS to make the site responsive (better for mobile). This is to get ready for the upcoming mobile app.
- You can now create a camp even if the location has high activity. The only stipulation is that you are not "interrupted" while setting up the camp (which will happen often if the area has not been cleared out).
- When you move with your party, you now discover all the paths that the party takes so you don't get stuck.
- Looter protection was bugged and way too aggressive before. It has been fixed (though it may now need additional tweaks now that the bug is gone).
- There must have been more.. I don't remember now...
What is coming up next...
- In the not too distant future, we will also be sending email verifications for a newsletter we'll put out that will detail the changes being made to the game.
August 28, 2015
- Hometown Change - When you enter a town, that town becomes your hometown. When you die, you will respawn at your hometown. This will allow people to live on the Volantis side more.
- Trade Gold in Trade Window - Trade window now allows you to trade with gold. No more passing chests around!
- Instant Signup - There is now a special "instant character" portal that allows the creation of a character without providing an email address. This has obvious limitations and is not recommended, but is good for people trying out the game and wanting to just see how things work very quickly.
- Secure SSL connections - We are now using secure-connections/SSL everywhere. This unfortunately means that some older browsers will not be able to run the game. If the browser you're used to using no longer works, let me know and I'll consider allowing unsecure connections in some way.
- Item quality colors! - Items will now show 4 different levels. Grey = "junk", White = "regular", bronze = "rare", gold = "very rare/unique". We are still working out the formulas for determining these levels so there might be some funny ones in the mean time.
- Quick Start Guide - Created a "quick start guide" available at http://playinitium.com/quickstart.jsp
- Strength is not counted in a crit - Now when you crit, the damage done from strength is not multiplied by the critical multiplier, it is instead added to your damage after the crit step.
- Not much I think.. I don't remember.
What is coming up next...
- mmmm, I'll keep it a secret for now.
July 28, 2015
- Volantis expansion release - We have released the Volantis expansion which increases the world size by 4x. Adds tonnes of new monsters and items and even some new regular bosses!
- Zombies - This was the one labeled "secret" in the previous release. Basically if you are killed by a weapon that is "zombifying", you will die as usual and end up in Aera, however your original body will regain full health and continue holding and using it's equipment as a zombie version of you. It will effectively be a monster version of you. If you want your stuff back, you're gonna have to kill yourself for it. :)
- Looter Protection - We have put measures in place to keep people from looting monsters that other people are killing. I won't go into too much detail but it works (and has been fixed from the bugs in the initial release).
- Night/Day cycles - One full day in Initium lasts approximately 1.5 hours. During the day, your chances of encountering any one given monster decreases by 15%. During the night, your chances of encountering any one given monster increases by 15%. This effect can only be seen on chrome browsers it seems (and possibly Safari). It may work with newer versions of firefox too.
- Rain/lightning - Weather is randomly generated to be the same on everyone's client (though sometimes on mobile it stops working if the game has been sitting in the background for too long). Lightning will occur as flashes of light and the frequency of the lightning strikes depends on the severity of the storm. The severity of the storm will also fade the banner image into greyish tones while night tends to be more blueish. This effect probably can only be seen on Chrome or Safari browser.
- Fixed Looter Protection
What is coming up next...
- "Instant" character creation that allows new players to create and play with a new character without signing up.
- The database optimization is ready for live testing and the kinks are still being worked out. This will save me a LOT of server costs (the server currently costs me about 200 USD/month to run).
July 12, 2015
- SECRET - Unfortunately, this feature I cannot discuss yet. It has been released, but no one will see the effects until the "big update" is ready.
- Storefront clearing - You can now remove all sold items with 1 click. You can also remove ALL items with 1 click (be careful with this one, there is no confirmation dialog).
- Last combat text on death screen - You can now finally see how you died exactly. The death screen includes the text you would normally see during combat so you'll now know exactly how you died. (There is still a remaining bug where the death screen doesn't alway show though)
- Everything is perfect I guess
What is coming up next...
- We neeeeed the realtime updates for the trade window.
- HUGE update coming. Big secret. Can't discuss.
June 20, 2015
- Private Trades - The feature seems to be working but could use more testing. The most glaring issue is that it is not realtime because it doesn't automatically update the page when the other person changes something. You currently have to manually refresh.
- Private messages - This was a bit of an accident actually but because the trade system includes a private chat system, it functions effectively as a private message system. Just make sure you let the person know in the location that you're about to open a trade window with them so they can refresh to catch it.
- Hopefully fixed a bug that caused monsters to spawn in the wrong places when you were traveling between locations.
What is coming up next...
- We neeeeed the realtime updates for the trade window.
June 15, 2015
- Organized Items - Most item lists are now organized by their type, name, and price (in some cases). ALSO, you will notice the use of color for sold items. ALSO, you will now see which items in your inventory are currently being sold (and cannot be dropped).
- Increase your stats - You can now increase your strength and dexterity (and hitpoints) via combat. Just by fighting monsters, your dex and strength will go up slowly. Your max hitpoints will also increase once you hit a new threshold. It doesn't matter which monsters you fight, all will increase your stats equally.
- New chat commands - Use /about to easily link the about page. Use /mechanics to easily link the mechanics page. Both of these pages have been updated with new information (especially the about page at the bottom) so check it out!
- Fixed a bug that allowed people to create characters with the same name as another character in some cases.
What is coming up next...
- Check out the http://playinitium.com/about.jsppage for details on what is coming up in development.
June 12, 2015
- Damage reduction! - Now when a piece of equipment is hit, it will absorb up to a maximum amount of damage (modified by the Blocking Capability, which further depends on the damage type being done by the weapon). For more details, see the next feature.
- Damage types - Damage types ONLY affect how much damage reduction actually occurs against a particular piece of equipment. If the incoming attack is a "bludgeoning" type, and the armor is "EXCELLENT" blocking against bludgeoning, the amount of damage reduction is doubled. Here is a list of how the blocking ability property affects the damage reduction:
- Excellent = 2x the listed damage reduction
- Average = 1x the listed damage reduction (no change)
- Minimal = 1/2x the listed damage reduction (half the damage reduction)
- None = No damage reduction occurs (the block just fails)
- Strength damage bonus - You now get a strength damage bonus along with your hits. The maximum damage bonus you get for strength uses the following formula: (str-3)*2. So if your strength is 6, the maximum bonus you can receive will be 6. If your strength is 0 or below, the maximum would be 0 (all maximums are rounded down).
- Bugs? What bugs.
What is coming up next...
- Ok, like as of a few minutes ago, I just realized how to do server-wide pvp. It's going to be AWESOME, but it will take quite a bit of coding. Maybe end of next week if we're lucky?
- I really want to update the inventory and store to categorize properly. I also need to mark when an inventory item is for sale or not.
June 3, 2015
- Campsites! - Now when a location that allows campsites has "very low" monster activity, you will notice a button to create a campsite. Each location has a limited number of camps that can be created per-location, so if you can't create a camp, just look for someone else's camp by exploring. Camps need to be constantly defended so check for monster activity in the camp to see if it needs help and kill them off. The camp will be destroyed when the monster activity reaches the maximum level. The speed at which a camp is overrun depends on the monster level in the parent location. So if the monster level in the countryside is max, the camp will be overrun VERY quickly. However, since you cannot create a camp until the monster level in the parent location is below 25% (aka very low) that won't be too much of a problem if players keep it defended.
The main purpose of a camp is to rest! Now you can restore your hitpoints without traveling all the way to Aera's Inn.
- Store dogecoin in chests - This is now working for the few of you who actually have chests. We will be adding chests as a rare drop for certain mobs, so stay tuned for that (note that there are none configured as of writing this).
- The 'R' key for "Rest" should work now.
What is coming up next...
- I would like to add the ability to start a new character without needing to signup with an email address. This will help with very fast mass adoption.
- We also need to be able to share locations easily between eachother. That might be also coming up soon.
May 28, 2015
- Monster eradication - Now locations can have a "monster level" that is indicated below the main description. What happens is as players kill monsters, the amount of mobs for that area reduces until there are no more mobs left. This can be good for a number of reasons. 1) Its easier to find old combat sites that have killed characters/loot in them 2) Its easier to travel through zones that have no monsters! This is great when trying to farm equipment in farther locations. 3) Very soon, campsites will be implemented and monster eradication will be a big part of that feature.
- Keyboard shortcuts - For desktop users, you can now use keyboard shortcuts to navigate around and do combat. This may not be working in all browsers and in particular, there seems to be a problem with firefox. Chrome works great though!
- Special bosses that spawn once per day - Along with monster eradication, we can now have special monsters that spawn very rarely. We don't have any in the game world yet, but expect to see some of these in the near future!
- Stuck characters - It seems the stuck characters issues may be fixed. Let me know if there is anything new!
- The 'F' key for "Leave Combat Site and Forget" should work now.
What is coming up next...
- Player created campsites - EEEEEEEE!
- New bosses that spawn once per day or per hour
May 20, 2015
- View other character's stats - Now the popup that shows the character's equipment also includes some of the character's primary stats.
- Carrying capacity limit now in effect - Now your character can only carry a certain amount. This amount is 60kg + (strength-3) x 50kg. In orther words, you get 50kg of carrying weight capacity for every strength point you have above 3 and a base carrying capacity of 60kg.
- Explore combat sites for your exit path - This is actually because of a bug, but if you can't find your exit path, try exploring the combat site.
- The first part of the "Database caching to save server costs" has been done, deployed and working. Now the scary part comes next (for me, not for you).
- Multiple tab chat bug - If you had multiple tabs open, you were often missing chat messages from other people. This has been fixed.
- A number of bugs presented themselves because of the Dragon server-wide event. They have been ironed out so the next event should go smoother.
May 16-19, 2015
- View other characters - Now you can click on a character to see what they are wearing. Unfortunately because of an issue with the tooltip library I'm using, you'll have to click the "inspect" link on it to actually see what the item stats for each item.
- Maximize chat window - It's not perfect yet (especially on mobile), but you can now maximize the chat window if all you care about is chatting. :)
- Show your store - Now you can type /merchant in chat and people will get a direct link to your store! Great for advertising.
- New game world locations - We have our first top-down map in the basement of the Inn. There is also a new location...somewhere HOT.
- Hopefully a rare bug with signup has been fixed. Not sure yet.
What is coming up next...
- Database caching to save server costs - At the moment, the server is costing me over 3 dollars per day (about 100/month). Since I eat all those costs, I need to put some time into optimizing the database access so we can expand our player base without it costing an arm and a leg. :D
- Banner location links - I want content developers to be able to add links to other locations that get overlaid right on the banner image. This is especially important for top-down maps (like the new Aera Inn Basement) as it would allow the player to click on the doorway they want to go through rather than figure out which door is "south" based on the buttons alone.
- Clearing monsters - This was mentioned before, but it is still something I want to see soon. Basically the ability to reduce the monster population for a given location by fighting them back. This would allow players to work together to clear a path to farther locations when they don't have a rest stop in between.
May 15, 2015
- Character stats change - First of all dex, str, and int are now not whole numbers. It's harder to get a perfect roll BUT, stats are now overall higher. You can now roll a number between 3 and 7 for each stat. Hitpoints are much higher now and each point in strength amounts to 3 extra points in hitpoints (before it was 2). Note: This only applies to new characters or rerolled characters
- Profile page changes - Now the profile page shows you your effective dexterity (after your equipment).
- Monster tweaks - Many of the monsters are going to be easier to hit now with less dexterity and with the bump in player character dex as well. Some characters received a boost in other areas (like the ogre who has more hitpoints but very low dexterity).
- Server outage bug fix - This was a bug that was introduced less than a week ago but didn't present itself until today with an outage. It has been resolved.
May 14, 2015
- Fight victorious NPCs - Now when you find a combat site that has an NPC in it that is not dead, you'll automatically enter into battle with it. This means you can avenge your friends!
- More than one character fights - Due to the above feature, if you happen upon a combat site that has an active battle, you can join in as well. As for loot, whoever clicks first gets it. (This hasn't been tested very well)
- Monster equipment bug - Monsters now use their equipment! Before, some cases had monsters not using their 2Handed weapons. This has been fixed (lookin at you Frost Giant).
- Armor destruction bug - Now when your armor is destroyed, it wont bug your character.
- Negative store items - You can no longer post negative store items for sale.
- Store item drop bug - You can no longer drop an item that you have for sale.
May 11, 2015
- Storefronts - You can now open up a store and sell goods to other players. Needs more testing!
- Show hidden paths - If you have a hidden path, you can now force it to show itself. I still need to add the ability to permanently unhide a path though.
- Natural Equipment - Monsters can now have natural equipment that doesn't drop. This means content developers can add pretty cool armor and weapons to monsters and the player won't be able to pick them up and use them once the monster is dead. This makes sense for things like the Shell Troll, who should really reap the benefit of having a shell without the player being able to use it himself.
What's coming up next
- Lots of testing!
- A code review to try to improve database integrity. This will hopefully fix some of the random problems people seem to experience with getting stuck and some of the server errors people sometimes have.
May 10, 2015
- Mouse-over item stats - You can now mouse-over or tap on an item to get it's stats without navigating away from the page!
- Equipment now uses durability - In the future I'll make it so you can repair items, (but even then they will never repair fully), so there will always be the need to find more top quality items in the game. Right now, every successful hit will reduce your weapon by 1, every successful block from a piece of equipment will reduce it's durability by 1. If a piece of equipment gets to 0 or below, it will be immediately deleted from the game.
- When you run away, the monster you're running from has an opportunity to attack you first. You may have to try a few times, depending on your dexterity compared to his.
- You can now rest in your own house.
- When moving between locations, it is possible to get attacked by a monster.
- Small Wooden Club now has a block chance and the damage probability has been changed so the higher damage formulas are more rare.
- (Fixed) Unable to find paths easily - This has actually been a bug for the past week. It presents itself when we get a lot of new players creating lots of combat sites. Last week I thought I may have fixed it but I needed to do a bit more database rewiring. All that is now done and going forward it should be fixed for good.
- Fixed bug buying a house will now subtract funds from the character
- Fixed bug when exploring combat sites, the exit path is deleted
- Fixed bug with database discrepancies when playing in multiple tabs (or if your computer was very slow and somehow registered 2 clicks before the overlay came up)
What's coming up next
- Storefronts - The bug fixes had me move away from this for a little bit but if all goes well I'll continue development on it now. This feature will allow people to buy and sell goods with other players in a sort of market area. You will setup your storefront pricing all the items you want to sell and your character will have to be there. A good thing to do before you log off for the day!
- Mouse-over item stats - Think WoW. When you click on or mouse over an item, you'll get to see a popup of it's stats.
- Storefronts - The bug fixes had me move away from this for a little bit but if all goes well I'll continue development on it now. This feature will allow people to buy and sell goods with other players in a sort of market area. You will setup your storefront pricing all the items you want to sell and your character will have to be there. A good thing to do before you log off for the day!